1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Browning Cynergey Trap Combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 121083, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 121083

121083 Member

Any Browning Cynergy trap owners out there? Need to know pros and cons on the trap combo with unsingle barrel, thanks.

2. rrose

rrose TS Member

I have had 2 combo's and 2 sporting Cynergy's. I like the way they swing and they just fit me well. I had an xt with a custom made for me stock before the Cynergy. I have experianced no issues with any. All the triggers were good and never had an issue. The only negative seems to be low resale and no one is able to make a release for them at this time. I still have managed to keep my last one which is a Sporting version with the adjustable comb. Have added an add on rib and added to the grip area to make it perfect for me.
    If you are any where close to Cincinnati you are welcome to shoot mine.
    Like most other guns some people like them and some do not, it depends on how it fits you.
    randy

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you break a Cynergy you can expect it to remain at Browning a very long time. Since the XT's are more bullet proof it might be best to look in that direction!!

4. AEP

AEP Member

I have one and shot it well for 2 years. The only complaint was the triggers. As I stated before they suck. I got the triggers down to a 3.5 lb pull +/- and everything works well.

Whether you purchase a Cynergy, Citori, Kolar, K-80, etc. Shoot it first and see if you like it. The gun has to feel good to you.

It is my opinion the Cynergy gets a bad rap. It is a well built gun. I brought mine to another gun club 2 years ago. There seemed to be quite a bit of interest in it. When I went back to that club a few months back there were 2 other shooters who had purchased one. I asked how they liked the Cynergy and neither one had any complaints. They both shot the Cynergy well. Although I'm sure they could shoot any shotgun well.

The resale value is lower than the Citori, which works well for someone looking for a used gun.

I would buy another in a minute. I would also spend extra and have a stock made for me. The way I see it for less than $6K you can have a gun that fits you.

Good Luck,
    Andy

5. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

I have two . A field and a trap combo. Several thousand rounds through the combo. No issues with the triggers, comb hardware or FTF's.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Your more likely to find parts and service locally or at a shoot if your in a pinch for a citori than you are a cynergy. You will also be able to sell a citori quicker and for more $ down the line. The citori has been around for close to 40 years, and I would bet will be around long after the cynergy is a memory.

7. Tyrone Biggums

Tyrone Biggums Member

I shot both browning combos before I bought mine. Liked them both but went with the xt combo. Price was lower and I shot it better. Cynergy seemed ok I see quite a few at the clubs I shoot at but out of 8 or 9 guys that have them I know of at least 5 that have had their forearms split. Browning warrantied all of them but it wasn't a quick turn around. The xt combo is hard to beat for the money I put about 20,000 rounds through mine in a little over a year and still sold it for $3200.

8. shootsome

shootsome Member

I have Browning Cynergy combo with the unsingle barrel. It seems to be a well built gun and I have had no problems with it. The only changes I made were for personal preference. I had the triggers adjusted in 3.5 lbs and had a soft comb put on the gun. The guns are stocked fairly straight. I've seen a few of them on the line and have yet to see anyone have any trouble with one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy opinions