Trapshooters Forum banner

Opinions on Blaser F3

13K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  bossbasl 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of making the upgrade from a skb 505 trap to a Blaser F3 super trap combo. And I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about the gun? I want to hear all good and bad. I'm already shooting well with the skb. Just want something nicer.

#2 ·
I do not own one. A buddy of mine just got one last week while shooting at the Buckeye and I had a chance to shoot it several times.

What impressed me the most with his gun is the lack of recoil. I was amazed. Now I do not know if this is a feature of every F3 or if it is just the way this gun was set up.

I have a new perspective regarding Blazer.

Doc

#6 ·
Don't know about the unsingle, but agree with Coach; most dynamic best handling double gun I've ever shot. Also agree with the comment about absence of perceived recoil. Love it for doubles. Have only shot about 1200 registered and already shooting in the high 80's to low 90's. The gun seems to be on auto pilot for the 2nd bird. Search my other posts for related content.

#7 ·
I totally agree with the other posters, great handling guns. I have had 4 of the F3 Blasers, one Competition Sporting and 3 Super Sports. I still have 3 of them because my buddy insisted I sell him one. I really like the Blasers. Great triggers, 10 year warranty, and with the barrel and stock weights you can set them up to balance the way you like them.

The Super Sports are very soft shooting guns. I had an adjustable comb and Bumpbuster put on my Sporting F3 because I just had shoulder surgery when I bought it. Now that I have 2 Super Sports I no longer need that gun so am going to sell it because I shoot the high rib guns better. Some people like the flat rib guns, some prefer the high rib. I have not shot the trap guns because I use my Super Sporter for trap, skeet, and sporting clays.

#8 ·
I think Blaser has come a long way. Their new stock dimensions are very good and the fit and finish is superb. They also have about the best out of the box trigger on the market. However, for the faster games, I feel that the weight is in the wrong place. Because of the dinky undersized receiver, they had to put a weight system outward. The weight isn't between your hands, where it should be, so the gun handles like a dumbbell.

That's my only gripe about the gun, the weight distribution.

#10 ·
I have first hand knowledge of 5 Blaser F3 Super Trap combos in my immediate area. The rib on the unsingle barrel is the weak link of the entire setup. In 2 days last week, 2 of the 5 broke rib adjustments at the muzzle and hand to be sent back to Blaser for repair. I spoke with the owner of one of the other guns and he has had 5 or 6 of them break and that needed replaced. 2 of the 5 currently are bulging at the adjustments and are going to break again with a matter of time. Blaser was kind enough to send a replacement barrel for my buddy to shoot until his was repaired. With less than 200 rounds through a Blaser owned set of loaner barrels he had troubles with it. I really like the fit and feel of the Super Trap combo, but there have been A LOT of headaches with the unsingle's rib, at least in our area.

#11 ·
I have heard of this happening and when I did I contacted Blaser and without any prior breakage they replace the ribs with what the called a upgraded version.I have found that with all the trap guns I have owned and it pretty much covers all the majors they have all had some sort of issues except for a Silver Seitz that was as solid as a tank from day 1.

#13 ·
Storeman the break if it happens occus where the rib adjustment is on the end of the rib where the slot is.If you look at the side of the rib there is the slot for the rib adjustment mechanism.As far as prevention goes call Andre at Blaser and he should be able to best advise on that. George

#14 ·
DO NOT PUT LOCK TIGHT ON THE RIB LOCKING ALLEN SCREW!!! And it takes very small punch to get the roll pin out that prevents it from falling out if it gets loose. Couldn't be happier with my Blaser and have about 20,000 rounds through it in 2 years. Andre will answer any questions you have and the warranty process is a breeze if needed. Have looked at and shouldered them all, feel it's the best bang for the buck out there.

#15 ·
A gently used Perazzi MX-8 or M-32 Krieghoff with Boehler Vandalia rib barrels, custom stocked to your dimensions, both of which can be obtained for less money with better handling dynamics and great resale value. The Blase F3 is a good shotgun but not in the league of the top three (my perspective is based on previously owning and shooting two F3's). bossbasl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.