1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OPINIONS on an ATA shoot program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scott Johnson, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Trapsters,
    We were wanting ideas on a one day ATA program our club (PSSC) has June 30th. We already have a two day shoot 6-22/6-23 that is standard program (100sgls/100caps/ 100dbls) both days. Just looking for something a little different a week before State that would encourage participation. The idea we are bouncing around now is 200 caps/ 200 dbls as sometimes people are short caps to establich Handicap before state. We are a brand new facility with 4 traps and we had our 1st ATA one day event last year that went over well. We are right in Northern Mondamtana (Conrad), 35 miles off the Rockymountain front. So I am asking for some ideas, what would appeal to you as a trap shooter? By the way, we have a great back ground at our club, similar to Great Falls or Helena (which are both great clubs), and by this summer we should have 10 RV hookups and we currently have a huge club house (120' x 70') and in the summer when its 80 to 90 degrees outside its 65 degrees in the club house. Scott

2. tomr1

tomr1 Member

This past fall I shot a 200 bird doubles event and thought that was great! Shooting 200 doubles is fast and a lot more fun that shooting 200 singles.

3. monroesc

monroesc Member

A doubles and singles marathon might work. Shoot singles off of 2 traps and doubles off of 2 traps. That way shooters can obtain any target requirements or fine tune either discipline.

4. Scott Johnson

5. Scott Johnson

lots of readers few typers. Scott

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Handicap, lots and lots of handicap ... Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Handicap would be nice ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Scott, the Edmonton Gun Club has a 400 target Saturday that consists of 200 Singles 100 Handicap and 50 pair Doubles. For one year only they tried 200 Singles and 200 Handicap but dropped the idea based on attendance as quite a few only shot 100 Handicap. I would consider driving 250 miles from Calgary to Conrad for a one day shoot with at least 300 targets any mix.

8. Scott Johnson

Miketmx, We would welcome any of you Canucks, anytime at our club, you guys all have great humor. We shoot through out the year with a bunch of shooters that shoot for the queen. We even get to see Mr. Burbidge once in a while here in Mondamtana. Maybe the 200 s, 100 caps and 50 pair. Or 300 caps and 50 pair. Are you saying that most only want 300 birds a day and no more Mike? I see some clubs have handicap marathons with 300 or more in a day. WPT what does the (YAC) mean? And no I was not home schooled just not sharp I guess. Scott

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

YAC stands for Your Arizona Connection.

Anyone nearby have a doubles marathon? There are many avid doubles shooters out there and we don't get a chance to shoot very many. Many of us that live in the northern climates don't get to shoot doubles for 5 months of the year. Bill Malcolm

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thanks Billy ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. bobr

bobr Member

Extra handicap is good for reasons cited above but only if events of 100 are used. I personally won't shoot a 200 target handicap event and know several others who feel the same way because of the way ATA rules assign yardage. Extra doubles are also a good idea i think.

Bob

12. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

100, 100, 200 would be my idea of fun. the 200 doubles would go as fast as 100 singles.

13. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

No comment.

Rick in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.