1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on aftermarket or add on ribs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Melon, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melon

Melon TS Member

Hi, I'm thinking about putting an add on rib on my k32 I shoot at doubles. Does anyone know a good brand or if they even make a difference?

2. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

Contact Dave Berlet in Ohio. He will make you a custom delrin rib at a very reasonable cost. Fast turnaround and highest quality work. He can make the gun shoot whereever you would prefer. I have two of them and know of many other shooters who Dave has done work for. YOu can contact him at 419-753-2557.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Be prepared to add longer posts. D. Berlet can take care of that too.

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

You can play around with the height you want by going to your local hobby shop.

Get a few strips of Balsa wood, some electrical tape and go at it. Easy to sand and shape to the POI of your liking.

Dave put one on my M12 and we got the pattern + 80-90%.

He can also do adj. combs if you need one.

Good work, good price.

Regards....Gerald

5. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Dave Berlet is who I recommend too. I've had him do mine. 419-753-2557 call him. Brad

6. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

+1 on Dave...

7. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

Moneymakers have a great product.

8. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Take a look at ADD-A-RIB online or in the clay target magazines, they have redefined the cost of adding a higher rib to your gun. This especially so for adjustable units.

As Over The Hill recommended, make a mockup from balsa or some other light material and tape it to your rib, it's a good idea to make the mockup a little higher so you can trim it down until you reach the most comfortable height for you. And as also mentioned, you will have to raise the comb height as you raise the rib. Assuming you have an adjustable comb longer pins are the easiest way to accomplish this requirement. If don't have an adjustable comb, then a device like Wrapid Comb is the next choice.

Surfer

9. Melon

Melon TS Member

Do the ribs that Dave berlet make go on the existing rib to does he remove the existing rib?

Zack

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

They adhere to the existing rib.

11. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Check out Bridgeshoot add-on ribs. Best rib on the market!! No glue or tape, just 4 set screws and go shoot. Top of rib is fully knurled. Many have POI adjustments.

Tom

12. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Benchrest,

My experience with Addarib was not a good one. I ordered, received and installed a 3/4" addarib on a KS-5 Special that I had. The taller post that I paid for and was sent were not the correct size to match the gun. After the third set on incorrect taller posts. I pulled the rib off of the gun put it in the closet and sold the gun.

Jim Bradbury

13. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I have had nothing but great success with ADDARIB purchases. Their aftermarket ribs are a great buy and nobody comes close to their price.

I have installed the ribs on a KS-5 Special, KS-5 (regular), Ljutic and a Kolar. Each rib was perfect and the installation was a breeze.

I am not much of a fan of the solid delrin rib. I don't like the way they look on a gun. But hey, that's just me. :)

14. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Why are you even thinking about an add-on rib? Unless you have a specific gun fit problem, like not being able to get low enough on the rib, you won't gain anything.

15. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Johnny,
    Most people add a rib for better gun fit, to change the poi or to facilitate a more upright head position for better vision and comfort or both.

From your comments, it appears you have no experience with taller ribs or you wouldn't make such unfounded comments. Just look around and see how many high rib guns are the trapline both American and International, this goes for skeet as well. Just becuase you think they serve no purpose doesn't make it so.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.