1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on a good .22LR Scope for CZ Bolt rifle.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wolfram, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I noticed that Midway had 2x7 Burris scopes on sale for just under $200. That would make a great topper for your CZ. One of their 'short mag' scopes would be great on that gun as well. And yes you can get pretty decent glass for around $200 especially if you don't need a lot of magnification. Nikon has several models in that price range.

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Check Natchezss.com. Natchez shooting supply has some really good deals on Burris 3-9x40 fullfield II scopes, nikons and bushnell 3200s.

Good luck, John E.

3. FLIP

FLIP Member

Mueller 4.5-14 apv, for me great price and looks good.

4. Don K8020

Don K8020 TS Member

The 50-yard parallax criterion is still followed by scope designers for rimfire specific scopes. There are plenty of good scopes for under $200 for rimfires.

CZ builds a pretty good bolt .22 gun. According to an old article in Rifle Magazine they are very accurate, and the author concluded that was due to CZ cutting the chamber a little closer to minimum tolerance specs. Good old Winchester DynaPoints did very well in the CZ tested.

Look at MidwayUSA. Go to Optics/Rifle Scopes/Rimfire Scopes and there's a rather large list of rimfire specific scopes. I'd stay with the scopes with 1" tubes rather than the old style 3/4" tubes. Look at the BSA scopes. I have a couple and they work well on my .22s. Good scopes are also listed in other comments re this thread.

Don Anderson

5. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

noknock;

Whenever I bought a scope other than a Leupold, I eventually regretted it. The Rifleman model in 2-7X33 would be a great choice for your CZ...they run around $200.

Why get some Chinese junk...unless you want eyestrain, headaches, poor resolution, and something that is generally unpleasant to look through...

Jef

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have two Leupold 4X Rimfire Special Vari-X scopes. One is mounted on a Marlin 39A and the other on a Ruger 77/22 sporter. Both rifles are .22 LR.

The little scopes are ultra clear and have about 4.5" of eye relief and a very wide field of view. The cross hairs are the standard Leupold pattern but are very thin. As I recall, they are set to be parallax free at 60 yds.

That said, I used these rifles for squirrel and plinking and you could not ask for a better scope. The 4 X magnification was very effective in locating the target.

Whatever scope you buy, I suggest that you either select a "rimfire" scope with parallax set at 50-60 yards or one with an adjustable objective. A standard high power rifle scope without an adjustable objective is usually set to be parallax free at 125 yards or so.

I have never regretted buying a Leupold scope.

Ed Ward

7. art g

art g Member

Great suggestions on some excellent scopes. However, in case you need to keep the cost down I have had good luck with the Nikon ProStaff which goes for around $100. Art G.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I bought a GAMO for my .22 glenfield. so far 1000 rounds still holding zero, clear and trouble free. 39.95. I did mount it in leupold rings though.

9. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

You might consider a Burris Timber Line. 4-14 x 32. Compact, in your price range and best of all ballistic plex reticules. Another would be a Clear Ridge 3-9 x 32. I have heard great things about that scope. And forget a scope that parallax only goes down to 50 yards!

I put a Weaver Grand Slam on mine and had to go with high rings as the bolt hit the scope with medium. Would much rather have medium rings to keep the scope closer to the barrel. You wont have that problem with the timberline.

10. Urbans

Urbans Member

Why would you need a 3x 9x power scope on a 22 cal. rifle? That seems to be a little too much for a 22 cal rifle, besides the added weight. A 4x Compact Leupold scope designed for 22 cal rifles is very effective. My opinon. Ed Freise

11. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

EE I am with you. In fact I have a Leupold 3-9 on my HW50S air rifle and a Burris TimberLine on my Beeman R7.

A good 22 like a CZ with a 4 power scope is like having a Corvette with a 4 banger under the hood.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I paid quite a bit more for my Leupold scope than I did my CZ .22. It takes a good quality scope to bring out the best in any .22 rifle once the shots are beyond 50 yards. Hap

13. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Not to change the subject, but Eric Brookes sells a host of aftermarket items for the CZ rimfires.

I set up a 17 HMR using his trigger kit and following his advice on free floating the barrel plus new mounting screws.

He also sells scope mounts that let you use standard rings rather than rimfire bases...

Thing shoots like the Dickens...

David D

14. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remember when getting a new scope the first thing to do is to adjust the rear eye piece so the cross hairs are clear and sharp. HMB

15. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

The guys at one of my local gunshops had their eyes out for me, and let me know when they parted a fixed 6x Burris off a 25.06...it complimented my Rem 541-T perfectly.FWIW. Cheers-Graham.

16. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

noknock1,

True it is a great site.

Mr Brookes had some health issues earlier (not sure if was his or a family members - none of our business anyway) and was slow to respond. I believe all is well now.

He is a wealth of info as well, so if you have questions I would suggest contacting him (he loves Skype), or you can phone him.

David D

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

even though it is considered in the cheapo class...I have one of the BSA Sweet 22 scopes on a Norinco JW15 which is clone of the CZ and it is just as accrate,..the scope with drop compensator that is perfect for my ammo choice..it has not dissappointed at all

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I also have a 6X24X50 BSA Sweet on a 17 HMR. Great scope for the money - SWFA has them for about $80 and it comes with a $45 bore sight kit. Heck of a deal

19. 1oz

1oz Member

Looks like EE is shooting you straight . Scope power will like he said depends on the chours you have in mind that you want this gun to do. Leupold had dropped models of the Var X 3's for a new model. Maybe able to find someone wanting to move some. Again first you need to know what purpose you plan to use this rifle far to decide the best power . Leupolds you cant go wrong with service or warr. And mount the scope right or get a smith to properly mount the scope .

20. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Regarding the 452 model, the only negative with mine is the factory trigger. Can this existing trigger be tuned with any success, or are there some quality aftermarket options? Right now I have a great gun with a great scope but a lousy trigger. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best clear scope for 22lr

best scope for the cz 22lr

burris short mag scopes for sale
centerfire burris scope on a 22 cz rifle
centerfire scope on a 22
clear ridge rimfire riflescopes
cz 22 scopes