1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions of Wright's Chokes...?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by juststartin', Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Just purchased a few new Perazzi Gen. 1 chokes for my Grand American 1. I ent to Wright's only because Briley stated the Gen. 1's would have to be custom made, that they did not stock these. Anyone have any good/bad comments about the chokes or no?...Tom

2. raptor1956

raptor1956 TS Member

Buy a wrench and keep it handy. They like to come loose. I stopped using mine I got tired of tightening them all the time.

3. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

I currently have the same problem with my Perazzi chokes. They usually loosen up within 50 targets. Was yours used in a P-Gun?

4. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

TEFLON TAPE-RICK ZINO

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I also have 1st Gen. Perazzi chokes from Wright. I also have trouble with them coming loose. Frankly, I think the friction type choke tube wrench does not get the job done. I love the way they shoot and the patterns are great but the loosening up gig is a bloody drag! I am going to try some of the ideas from this thread and see if it helps..........Uncle Sam, Pa.

6. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Have 2 of them for Rem, don't use them anymore at all. Loose all the time and poor patterns, great for customer service and nice to talk to. My .32(#8) choke should smoke 16's but won't, put in same size Briley and smoke. Maybe just me.
    ftlupton

7. atashooter

atashooter Member

I have Wrights extended, a 6 and a 8. My opinion is that I get a better pattern with them vs. the orig Pizza gun tubes. Yes, you have to check them for tightness here and there, but the good results outweigh the bad here.

8. oletymer

oletymer Member

Never had a problem with them coming loose. I really like them and will buy more for some of my other guns.

9. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I have used Wrights chokes in my Kguns, Pguns, MachOne, and Brownings.....never had a problem. I never had them come loose.

They shot great consistent patterns.....

JMHO

Jim C

10. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

There are only two choke tubes on the market that will not build up plastic they are Wrights and Seminole. Fast Frank

11. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

I recently bought one for my BT-99 Max.

I like it.

Ric C.

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Tack weld them in. That ought to keep 'em from loosening up. Just keep a small electric grinder handly when you want to change 'em. Keeep smiling... I'm j/k of course.

13. Piper Mac

Piper Mac Member

Really like Wright's and seminoles the best, might try the Midas Gold, think they are made by Briley

14. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If I don't loosen and retighten my Wrights tubes every so often, they get so tight I have to use their tool to remove them even with anti-seize on the threads. I almost wish mine would loosen!

The pattern improvements and almost total lack of plastic accumulation are worth any other aggravations.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.