1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions of Glock 21

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FIB, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I am considering purchasing the Glock Model 21 mainly for a bedside/target shooting pistol. I currently own a Sig/Sauer P220. I don't really have any complaints about the P 220 just thinking about trying something new. Any opinions/experiences appreciated. My only concern so far with the 21 is the thick grip. I have small hands. Thanks in advance....Randy

2. FIB

FIB Member

I am considering purchasing the Glock Model 21 mainly for a bedside/target shooting pistol. I currently own a Sig/Sauer P220. I don't really have any complaints about the P 220 just thinking about trying something new. Any opinions/experiences appreciated. My only concern so far with the 21 is the thick grip. I have small hands. Thanks in advance....Randy

3. twopipe

twopipe Member

get the 21 SF, it has a smaller grip, then go buy some skateboard tape for the grip.

4. dws

dws TS Member

I have a 21 (grips have been robarized) and its my primary carry piece.. I really it

Dennis

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

All my self defense guns are Glocks, would not have it any other way.

The 21 is nice but make sure you get the newest short frame model (SF). The grip is much better unless you have gorilla hands.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

You may like the Glock 23 [40 S&W]. Grip is like the 9mm, but with the added power. Carried as my main concealed gun for 20 Years. It is simple and reliable. Yes, I have a 21 that sits in the safe and the grip is large. Fred

7. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I also have small hands. I think you'll find the Springfield XD-45 a much better fit.

8. kybullseye

kybullseye TS Member

I just bought a 21sf a couple of weeks ago and it has become my favorite Glock. I have a 22,23,27,20,21sf and a 34. The 34 is the best shooter, but the 21sf is next to my bed.

9. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Kinda like saying "I have a Krieghoff I like I think I'll get a Mossberg Silver Reserve for the highest stake shooting I'll ever do".

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I like revolvers. A nice S&W model 15, combat masterpiece. Reliable, accurate, adjustable sights, easy to work on, inexpensive to shoot, etc. HMB

11. shadow

shadow Active Member

I prefer REAL guns---the ones made from steel and wood, not re-cycled tupperware.

12. chrisg

chrisg Member

If you want a high capacity .45 with the best grip, try the new Taurus 24/7 OSS. I have one and I am surprised at how the grip feels compared to my Glocks and XDs or even my H&K.

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

How about accuracy? Can a nightstand gun be accurate enough for small plate shoots.

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I don't trust anything without a visible interactive safety...be careful or you'll get Plaxicoed

15. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

When or if that disturbance in the middle of the night comes I wont have to worry about shucking one in it's ready to go at all times (an unloaded gun is known as a rock). That sound is intimidating but so is the bang sound and the first bad guy hitting the ground.The choice is yours, I chose not to give anyone the advantage of time. When I leave the house it goes back in the safe. A pain but I aint gonna give a bad guy a gun when I'm not there to defend it.

I personally like the dependability and reliability of all my glocks. If there is something you don't like check with lonewolfdist.com .

As for plate shooting, tis better to practice with the gun you intend to use than to leave it in the night stand to rust up.

16. Robert Gonzalez

Robert Gonzalez TS Member

+1 what EE says.

Subject: Opinions of Glock 21
    Email:
    Date: Thu, Jan 08, 2009 - 11:38 AM ET
    Website Address:

It's a Glock. Get something else. Anything else.

EE

Get anything else...I suggest Smith & Wesson M&P. Springfield XD would be 2nd choice.

17. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

The real experts, LE types whose lives depend upon them, prefer the Glock over all others. That means far more than some "genius" saying they are made from tupperwear.

18. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

I've always been a Sig fan myself, I owned a P228 9mm that I kick myself for selling, and I currently own a P225 9mm that's mine for good. So I'd probably just keep that P220 myself, but I ain't you. If grip thickness is an issue, why not try a good ol' 1911? I used to own an S&W 1911, again I kick myself for parting with it, and the 1911s in general are my favorite .45 ACPs. But the G21 is a d@mn fine piece. And so is the Springer XD-45. Whichever one you train & practice with is the always the one that will serve you the best when & if you need it, so there is not a bad choice to be made here! JoeBerg

19. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

XD SUX

First, realize that a "Springfield" XD has about as much in common with Springfield MA as Harlem does with Johannesburg. Made in Croatia by HS Produkt (who?), only been around since 1999, designed by Marko Vukovi? (a real household name), and only military that issues it is the Croatian Military - a real shock and awe outfit if there ever was one. If the XD was such a bad ass piece, why did they have to come out with the 'new and improved' XD-M? 14 rounds of .45ACP? Well, when you make the pistol 6 inches tall, you better be able to show something for it. Match barrel? Neat feature until that tight tolerance barrel jams on you when you need it the most. Guess cops should always take out the baddie from 75+ yards.

Go with what's been proven. Get the Glock - you'll be happy, just like the millions of other Glock owners out there.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hoosier...if you have the 21 hidden in your shorts like Plaxico...where are your brains then? I wonder what snagged HIS safe trigger...use your imagination I guess...Glocks don't kill people..Wanker's do...would have made a heck of "Wanted" poster wouldn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.