1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions: Ljutic Adj. Rib Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WNCRob, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I would appreciate any feedback from aonone who has purchased the new Ljutic Adjustable Rib gun. It looks very interesting, but am concerned about resale should I later sell it or atempt to trade it.

Many thanks.

Rob M.

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Ljutic has a history of innovative ideas to improve his guns. Some have not been well received even though they worked well. The resale value of the Spacegun has been going up. "Nothing ventured - - " Take a flyer on the new idea. It will probably improve your scores, and if nothing else will make for lots of interesting conversations around the gun rack.

3. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Ljutic has not been on anyone's shopping list for a long time. Their new management and owner structure is just starting to show results. All things cycle and we believe and the the market is starting to turn around again towards Ljutic. Especially with the fall of the dollar, our European gun prices have been going and will go further thru the roof. If you go to trade anything in, give the dealer you got the gun from first shot, there should be some loyalty both ways. Doug

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Doug, do you guys handle Ljutic guns?

Hauxfan!

5. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

We have not done anything with them for a couple of years. For 4 years in a row we sold over half of their build capability and then things went to he**. They have slowly got the reorganization in place, conversations with the new people and Jimmy Ljutic looks and seems exciting as ever. Stay tuned for further news.....we might be back real soon. Thanks for youe interest, Doug

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I'm not able to comment on the new adj. rib model...but I will say that my reason for buying ljutics over the years has always been precisely that NOTHING adjusts. I went through several K and P guns with all kinds of adjustments and finaly got smart. Find a Ljutic ( or two or three like I did...lol) that fits you, which you shoot well and avoid the trap of thinking that "one more adjustment will get you those birds you missed". Once you've established that your gun fits, and meets the requirements of your particular style of shooting...you've take "the gun" out of the equation. Your misses,slumps,and just plain "bad days" are ALL YOURS. Adjusting something or other on your shotgun won't buy you targets. It will lead you down a road of constant uncertainty about whether or not your last adjustment optimized your chances for a 100 STRAIGHT...OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD ADJUST SOMETHING AGAIN....
    Hope this helps.

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug. Should you get back to selling Ljutic's again, you might announce it with a post on TS.com.

Hauxfan!

8. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Thanks for responding, everyone. Seems that there are many Ljutic fans who are waiting for the company to seriously get back in the game. I recently purchased a very fancy slightly used Monogun...I believe that it is one of Shotgun Specialties special editions..fabulous figure on the Wenig-custom stock (Doug, # C-xx-D...what do you call this edition?) While I am very proud of this gun, I also recently purchased a Guerini high-rib O/U for doubles, and am VERY happy with it. Now, the rub...I find that with the high rib on the Guerini, I seem to achieve hard focus on the bird a bit better than I do with the Ljutic...probably a better "heads-up" attitude allows better and quicker focus; hence, my inquiry relative to those who are owners of the new high/adjustable rib Ljutic...not many responses, unfortunately. I suspect that its retains all of the qualities that we appreciate in a Ljutic, plus the High/Adjustable rib. Another issue that I have with the few new Ljutics that I have seen is the wood...not much to get excited about. If I am going to spend a good amount of $$$ for a lifetime gun, I'd like to have it have some observable figure to the stock. Just look what the competition is offering.
    Thanks again for your input.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I added a 3/4" rib to my mid rib Ljutic (Keen). What a differance. Had to make a new comb, as the gun shot lower. I should have done it years ago. Very little movement now between the launch of the bird and the impact. At least, it appears that way, and I can keep my head down a lot better. Total rib height now at 1 7/16".

10. LjuticL07

LjuticL07 TS Member

Rob,

I would like to make a comment about the wood that Ljutic uses. I am part of the new Management for Ljutic and one of the first actions that took place was the removal of all blank stocks. We now purchase nothing less than AAA English & American Walnut. Some of this wood was on display at the Grand this year. We received many comments on the quality guns and the wood. We hope to change our image over time.

Thanks,

Craig Richardson

11. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Craig, many thanks for your response. I wish you could get Bob Schultz back in the fold, as he is my dealer. I am very interested in the adjustable rib gun, but certainly would like to handle one before ordering it. I, and I'm sure many others, wish you every success. The Ljutic is a superior gun and with a demonstrated commitment to its clients and dealers could regain a strong following. I would also suggest that your price list be restructured...it seems that Ljutic charges for any and every change from the stock gun. Kolar and perhaps others seem to be more flexible in their pricing. I, for one, would appreciate the ability to customize my own gun somewhat in the basic price, with incremental pricing for items that truly represent added cost.

Best wishes

Rob Middlemas

12. biff

biff Active Member

Craig, Question for you. When is the new L07 coming out? I also received my new chrome silicon hammer spring from Jimmy and can feel the difference. When will Ljutic monogun shooters be able to buy the new spring? Biff

13. biff

biff Active Member

Rob, didn't see you at Hog Heaven, you were sure smart not to come shoot as alot of averages took a dive there in Oct. especially mine! Biff

PS: BTW there was a fellow shooting the new Ljutic with the adjustable rib, he had Ljutic use the heavyweight barrel on this gun. He was sure smoking the targets!

14. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Craig...realtive to Biff's post, a fellow by the name of John Payne and I were researching sources for a chrome silicon spring hammer spring. I believe that John found a source and presented the idea to Jimmy Ljutic. Is this the result? Have the tension values been changed from the original spring or is this a so-called "hot-rod" version?
    Thanks,
    Rob Middlemas

15. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Biff, I was there and actually took home two trophies!

Rob

16. biff

biff Active Member

Rob, Congratulations on your trophy wins, sorry our paths didn't cross and I missed meeting you. You have outed Biff, yes, he is John Payne who you have been corresponding with. I think the new spring is a winner!

17. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Biff...

The fellow shooting the heavy bbl gun was Billy Griffin from the Savannah area. I spoke to him about it recently and he is very happy with it.

Rob

18. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

shot410ga…can you contact me offline when you have a minute, please? I am very interested in your Keen-equipped Ljutic. I have just sent my (Ljutic) barrel to Vicki to have an 11/16th add-on adjustable installed and I'd love to get your input/thoughts. Just remove X's from email addy above.

Thanks so much.

Steve Oehmen

19. LjuticL07

LjuticL07 TS Member

Rob thanks for the advise I will take note!

Biff/John

That was the info we were waiting for. I'll get with Jimmy tomorrow and we'll get a game plan together for producing the springs for the general public. John I want to thank you for your research and field testing. Let me know if you need more springs, I owe you!

The new combo gun is coming along we have completed the trigger assembly and working on the 9th operation for the receiver. With any luck we might fire the gun in April.

Thanks again Craig

20. biff

biff Active Member

Craig, Thanks for the info on the new gun and working with Jimmy on winding some of the CS wire, I think we will see a more consistent lock time with the new material used in the Monogun's hammer spring. I'm excited about the L07(your sign on name on here I'm sure) with all the new design features which Mr. Irwin told me about. With the addition of the new team and the direction Ljutic is heading, maybe we'll see more Ljutic shooters in the winners circle! Also I hope Shotgun Specialties gets back on board with Ljutic, they are real Ljutic people. Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic adjustable ribs add on

shooter opionsof adjustable ribs on trap guns