1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions from People that make shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by az outlaw, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I have a question for those of you that make shot. I have some lead and was wondering what would be a fair trade to some one who makes shot? Say I have 100#'s of cleaned raw lead wheel weights, What would be a fair exchange in finished shot? I am curious to hear what you think is fair?

Thanks,

Mark

2. shootintom

shootintom TS Member

The way I work it when I get lead from someone is to swap 50/50 for the weight. The reason being is that I've got to melt them down to make ingots and then run the rest of the process to make nice clean shot suitable to flow through the loader.

Tom

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I do this with a friend.

If I give him the loose weights he keeps 60% I get 40%, if I sort and make the ingots it is 50/50 - there is a lot of work sorting and melting the weights, you would be surprised at the amount of 'waste' this generates.

4. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

50/50 if you bring me already processed wheel weights ( already melted and poured into bars)

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

6. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I appreciate all the input , Now another part to the question.............. What are empty shot bags worth to those who drip their own shot???????/ I have a few bags that I would like to add to the trade Im gonna make with a shot maker Ant help is appreciated

thanks

Mark

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

50/50, and I use plastic pop bottles. They work better than bags, and easer to pour into my Dillon's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.