1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions? Browning extended chokes vs any others

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Porcupine, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I want to buy extended chokes for my Browning BT-100 (IM & F), mostly to protect the barrel, but also to see if the patterns are better (and yes, they do look cooler than flush chokes!). Browning has the Diana and Midas grade choke tubes, but Carlson's extended tubes are half the price. Then there's Tru-lock, Briley, a bunch of others. I'm asking for anyone's experiences, good or bad, with any extended choke tubes in a Browning BT-100 or BT-99. Many thanks.

LA in MA

2. AEP

AEP Member

The Midas and Diana grade hokes are the same except for the looks. This is according to a trap shooter that works in the Browning Service Dept. I shoot the Midas.

As far as the other choke mfg's out there I'll bet a weeks pay that it would hard pressed to tell the difference in shot pattern based on the same choke size i.e. Full, Imp Mod, Mod, etc.

I've patterned mine several times and the shot patern is good. That choke tube isn't going to place the pellets i the same place everytime.

I do like the extended choke tubes, and yes they do protect the barrel. I watched a lady scrape the barrel on the ground. If she would of had the extended choke tubes she would have only been out the price of a tube. Instead she has more problems.

Don't get caught up in this choke tube game. Spend your money of shooting. In the long run you will do better.

Just my .02 worth.

Andy

3. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Hmmm ..... Choke tube game ...........

So are you saying I should just buy Midas tubes, like you did, and not worry about any others?

Just askin'.

LA in MA

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I like all my Midas chokes which are made for them by Briley. Nearly all my plastic fouling in the chokes stopped when I went with these chokes. I want to say I gave about 45.00 per choke.

5. willing

willing Member

Both Diana and Midas are made by Briley. I wouldn't think they use any different tools to make them than they use for there own.
    Bill

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I have Invector Plus extended chokes in my XT trap guns and 425 sporting clay guns from 3 sources: Browning Midas (which is made by Briley); Briley; and Carlson. The Carlsons are the best value by far...cannot tell any difference between any of the 3. It seems you may just be paying for the "name" with the Midas and Briley...quality of the Carlson is equally good. Best Regards, Ed

7. don q

don q TS Member

I have to agree with Old Goat, I use Carlson's in all my choked guns, the price is right. don q

8. dimapower

dimapower Member

Carlson's have work great for me - plus, there's a new vendor that posted here that has them for a great price + 10% off right now

9. AEP

AEP Member

I'm not saying buy Midas, Diana grade or any brand. What I am trying to say is if you have extended choke tubes don't think buying a more expensive choke tube is going to break more targets. I see shooters who have the choke tubes that came with their guns and they buy a real expensive tube thinking their score will go up. That is just dosen't happen.

Good Shooting,
    Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning diana grade choke tubes
browning diana grade extended choke tubes
browning extended chokes vs any others
browning invector plus midas choke tubes
browning midas chokes

browning midas grade choke tube reviews

midas choke review