1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions---- Browning 425 Grade 1??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dale Z, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

I'm looking at a Browning 425 Grade 1 with 30" barrels, invector plus chokes, ported, silver receiver, and flat rib. Does anyone have any opinions on this gun? What is it worth? Looks as new. Was told it is 11 years old. Absolutely no wear marks or dings. Would be using it for trap shooting. All opinions welcomed.

Dale

2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I've had mine about 4 months, bought it"as new" for $1400 and added extended Briley Chokes. Have used it for skeet, 5 stand etc. but not for trap (since I have a dedicated trap gun). It seems to be an excellent, well-balanced shotgun, and several shooters have told me they prefer the 425 to some of the other Brownings. I really like mine.

Bob

3. hobart

hobart TS Member

Fine gun

I've had two for several years now. Shoot trap almost exclusively. Had combs put in both and taller posts for one. Took me to 24 yard line, A singles. 40,000 rounds and no trouble. It just happens to fit me.

That's the key to any gun that is a target gun.

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Keep in mind though that with a low rib such as that one you'll get plenty of heat waves off the barrel especially if shooting doubles. It can be quite distracting at times.

5. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

The 30" 425 is the gun I use for trap doubles ,But I found the factory cast and pitch was pretty hard on my cheek. I have heard the same complaint from a few others. In my case, a Wenig "New American" style stock was the fix for that. Shoot it if you can before you buy. A few hundred doubles ought to give you a good feel for the fit

6. buckshot

buckshot Active Member

ive got a 425 for sale 30 in factory, inv chokes, factory adjustable comb in the box, $1495.00,Tom.

7. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

Buckshot

Please email me some Pics

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

barwning 425 grande 1 trap

browning 425 opinions

shotgun fit browning 425