1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions About Browning Feather

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JPM, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Active Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Browning Feather models? My son-in-law is considering a 20/28 ga combo and I'm concerned about the longevity/reliability of the design. Thanks.

JPM

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

They are not going to stand up to a lot of shooting as well as the standard model, and the light weight is less suitable for clay target shooting. But if he's going to do mostly hunting, it's a good choice. It's a well made gun. I don't believe Browning makes them any longer.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I bought a Superlight feather in 12ga nearly 10years ago. With it's straight English stock and light weight, it's a superb upland gun. I took it to the trap range to shoot a couple of rounds and it beat the snot out of me; but since it was a little short in LOP, the addition of a decelerator pad corrected those two issues. It's re-enforced with inserts in the area surrounding the firing pins, so strength and longevity are not an issue....for a field gun, and I've already addressed it's shortcomings on the trap field, although with really light loads, mine might be a lot of fun on the skeet range. In 20/28 it should outlast your son in law, and longevity and reliability should be of no concern whatsoever. Remember, it's a Browning.

best...mike

4. Virgil

Virgil Member

I have owned a Browning Citori Feather 12 ga. 28" O/U for about 5 1/2 years. I do use it for upland game some but the majority of my shooting is sporting clays. Altough not a high volume shooter, I shoot approximately 3500 rounds per year using roughly 3 dram equivalent loads. I have no problem with recoil and the gun seems to be holding up well.

Virgil

5. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I have two Lightning Feathers in 12 and 16 gauge with 28-inch barrels. I put a Decelerator pad and had the Browning adjustable position trigger put on both shotguns. The 16 gauge is light weight, has a 16 gauge size frame and is a joy to carry. The 12 gauge is OK but I don't care for the large frame size of 12 gauge Citori's. In 20 gauges I prefer Beretta's. Both Feather's are used for hunting or shooting clays with these shotguns getting ready for hunting. Neither is a full time clays shotgun.

6. JPM

JPM Active Member

Thanks for the replies. His use of the gun will be mostly hunting with an occasional round of sporting clays. I appreciate the feedback.

JPM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.