1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion Tristar trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by XP100, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Anyone own or shot a Tristar single barrel trap gun?

2. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I just need to know if they are worth the asking price for a new shooter or if there are reliability problems with them. Thanks

3. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I have not owned one But the reason is I would not want one. I would buy a good used gun I think you will be better off in the long run resale later That my 2 cents worth.
    Tom

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

XP100

You will find all sorts of contributors on this forum.

Any gun may be "acceptable" to someone who fires 2 boxes a week; and the opinion from someone who shoots 40 boxes a week will differ.

The Tristar will likely be "unsellable" when you decide to move up. For about the same cost, you can purchase a used Beretta 391, or Browning BT-99 and get your money back. You will also have a known "good" gun with either.

Don Verna

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I know the owner of the company and his son. The guns are made in Turkey, but the company is based in Kansas City.

I saw the prototype a couple years ago. It "looks" nice but I don't think there are enough of them around to make a decision on whether they'll be a good choice or not.

I think the safe answer is, you'd probably be better off with a used BT-99.

6. windyflat

windyflat Member

I own one and had trouble with the ejector right off the bat. Aside from the ejector trouble I like the gun but It's not what I load into my car every week when I head to the club. Do yourself a favor buy a used BT or Beretta 302,303 or 391. I think you'll be much happier.
    Tom

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

When a guy that ACTUALLY owns one says that..I would listen.

8. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

Never have seen anything with any quality to it from Tri-Star. 870 or 1100or BT much better if you are going to use it. Dealers cringe when the come in for trade.

9. indycamster

indycamster Member

I considered the Tristar Trap gun as it seemed to have a number of nice standard options, such as the crome and ported barrels, Monticarlo stock. I even went to a number of the dealers the Tristar website claims are resellers. Not one in stock anywhere. Hmm? Well, bad marketing can be an indication of other problems, so I passed on the Tristar. I found a 1971 Browning BT-99 in excellent shape. I was allowed to try the gun and broke 25 straight second day out with it. I paid $800 for it and could not be happier. I will shoot doubles with my old "rabbit gun" 870 .
    Clarence Mason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
tristar single barrel trap
tristar trap combo

tristar trap gun

tristar trap gun reviews

tristar trap guns

tristar trap shotgun

tristar trap shotgun review

tristar trap shotgun reviews