1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion Please - Citory Trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tad houston, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Opinion Please - Citori Trap

I found an older Citori Trap combo at the club yesterday (sorry, no photo's) and would appreciate your opinions on the deal.

This is a 32" O/U with 34" top single, fixed chokes. Wood has been refinished and looks OK, Bluing is 98% and the lever is far right. Small crack in bottom of forend. Looks like it has had very little use, which makes me wonder about the refinish? Comes in an older Browning two barrel case. The serial # was xxxxxRN143 which I think would indicate a 1979 vintage (type 2?). It has the long tang.

I guess question is, how readily are parts available for this year of manufacture and is $1150.00 a deal?

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

might posible, they changed out the wood? took a better stock for another gun? seeing some are willing to pay 1000.00 + just for a barrel???? shoot it like it buy it. If you think you are getting a deal then you are. when in doubt have checked out by gun smith. looking at 4k for new combo. Call Midwestgunworks for parts issue.

3. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I had wondered if they may have swapped the wood. Makes sense as the rest of the gun looks and feels as good as my almost new XT. I have several kids shooting on our SCTP team that are looking at it as an upgrade. Thanks for the input.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I don't recall the early Citori Traps coming from Browning as a combo - could be wrong here... possible re-blue to match both barrels?

Citori trap is a workhorse of a gun - combo for $1100 - tough to beat...

Jay

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Trapdaddy check your pms. I also have a Citori combo for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

opinion of citori trap combo