1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

opinion on which is better 390 or 391 beretta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by motordoctor, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

for a trap or all around gun wihic one do you feel is better and more reliable. The 391 seems hard to clean in the gas valve area.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

My 2 cents,

hands down, the 390

have one, sold two ohters, Should not have done that.

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have not owned a 391, so I can't do a direct comparison. I have owned a 390 for about 6 years. I have pushed it, used the heck out of it, modified it with barrel and stock and shot all three clay sports with it. Unbeatable. I would do it all again.

JON

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

303 then 390 then 391 MHO...

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Motor Doc: You have shot both of my guns set up in the trap versions. I prefer the 390 as it seems to move better to the target. Fred

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I prefer the 390. I just don't see the justification or need for the 391 unless you have really small hands. Even then, I don't really GRIP the forend of the gun. I just let it lie in my loosely opened palm and let my fingers just kind of touch the sides of the forend for comfort and support.

The 391 seems to have more problems in addition to being harder to clean. With the 390, you can "tune" the gas spring to suit the loads you are shooting. I don't think you can do this with the 391.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

All the above info is correct according to Cole Gunsmithing.. The Beretta king.. He and other people make the parts to build either into what the factory should have done.. Buy gun.. add $350.00 parts.. Have a great gun..

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The 390 in my opinion is much better than the 391 for several reasons. The gas system is much simpler to clean and the 390 receiver seems to hold up better than the 391's. And i too agree that the 303 is the best they have made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.