1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

opinion on kolar trap single???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by motordoctor, Jun 8, 2013.

1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

tell me about them. good ---bad--- swing--prices. looked at one but never shot it. think about it but would need release trigger. are the factory stocks ok or do I need to get a custom one// motordoc

2. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Shot one for a time, but went back to the K-80, In my view there is no comparison.

The k-80 is much better gun at about the same price.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

A friend of mine bought one right after he went on the factory tour and met the Kolar folks. He went with me when I picked up my Kolar T/A with the new custom stock and top single barrel.

He was in the process of looking for a K-80 and ended up buying the Kolar Trap Single. He opted for the custom stock, but they make 4 different configurations of stocks for these guns in both right hand and left hand. One of them may fit you. Best thing to do is meet up with Jeff Mainland at one of the shoots he is at. He will provide you with a T/S to try out and see if you need a custom stock.

My friend is shooting the best scores of his career with his new T/S.

Keith at Kolar will set up your release trigger the way you want it. Bill Malcolm

4. viperrt

viperrt Member

Extremely well built. Great folks to deal with. They are heavy.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Good:
    Made in USA, Excellent customer service, built to last, low recoil (some say because it's 'heavy'), if you buy new the stock will be, as Bill said, one of 4 styles that fit most folks, wood will be very nice wood, you can, as Bill said, get a custom stock made and fitted at the factory (is there another Mfr who does that?).

Bad:
    Honestly can't think of anything yet.

Swing:
    Mine swings like a dream. I had a ProSoft stock made for mine and the already low felt recoil is almost nil.

Price:
    Check their website. For some reason, a nicely configured used Kolar will generally be less $ than some other major names.

I love mine. For now, it's my last gun. <:)

Gene in Illinois

6. LDAddi

LDAddi TS Member

Bullet-proof...USA...great people...

Larry

Search tags for this page

kolar custom stock fitting with jeff mainland