1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OPINION ON GRACO

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Guy, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

see them advertised and on many guns. please let me know of your personal opinion.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a PFS. You will anyway after you've tried everything else out there. Save youself some money, pay the bucks for a PFS now. In the long run you'll save some dollars.

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

The PFS will not fit every gun - but I love mine.

I have a Gracoil on a Winchester Select Energy and it works fine - but it is no PFS.

Don

4. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I put an LOP adjustable Gra-coil on my 90-T several years ago. Works good and lasts a long time. A PFS may be better, but it costs as much as the freakin' gun. The Gra-coil was $285 installed by Graco...plus shipping. Any stock-smith worth their salt can put one on for that price...I did mine, but if you don't have a metal cutting bandsaw, a disc sander and a jig for butt pads it would be a considerable chore. A Counter-coil is OK, but not adjustable for LOP.

Buz

5. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

i shoot a Browning Citori Special Trap Edition. i know they make pfs' for citori's, but the gun costs half of a pfs.

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Whatever you decide, be sure to check out the Hydeal system by a young man named Scott (west coast). I've had two Graco's and a Hydeal done. Graco is a good system, and an excellent company, in my experience. The Hydeal is just a better system, and the comb slides with it. Hydeal is a bit more expensive, but not so much to be a consideration.

I don't think that Scott has a Web site ?? But, he will e-mail you a color flyer that shows everything you'll need to know. There used to be some photos here at TS.com of his work, but I couldn't dig them up. IMEO

Kip

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If you're a Browning Guy, get yourself a Plus and put a $100 Timney/Wrights in it and continue you on. With a little luck you can have the whole gun for $1300.

8. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

stokinpls;

hahaha, i already have a Browning Citori Special Trap Edition, and LOVE it. i guess you're out of luck.

9. John Stefanowicz

John Stefanowicz TS Member

I've been very pleased with their various products abd their service, now on 6 shotguns. John

10. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Gracoil on a Perazzi TM-1 and it does what it is designed to do, which is eliminate felt recoil to a degree ... I have a PFS on a MX-2000 and like they said there isn't anything that compares to the PFS ... The Gracoil works very well considering the difference in money between the two products ... The "RAD" is also another good choice for recoil reduction if you don't want to pony up for the PFS ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

If you are going to shoot doubles, I would skip any set-up that moved the gun. If doubles is in your game plan, a rig like Ken Ruckers Bump-Buster with the moving comb is far better than having the gun wiggle around after the first shot (like gracoil and PFS).

If one is all you want to shoot, having the stock collapse won't hurt you. You did not provide much info - like why do you want it - do you want felt recoil reduction or adjustable butt plate? Jones makes a great adjustable butt plate and the threaded recoil pad holes are made out of steel and they float. Unlike Gracoil where the holes are simply threaded into the aluminum plate. If you take your gun apart or change recoil pads, you will come to appreciate the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.