1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion on CCW

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gatguy, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

What's your opinion of getting a CCW? Does it make you a 'marked man' if 'they' ever come after us?
    Dick C.

2. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Dick, Do you have a hunting lic.?

Have you ever charged a box of ammo?

Have you ever filled out a Fed yellow sheet?

I`f so you`re already marked. Get your CCW, and don`t worry about it.

JMO. Tom R.

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

If the Gov't really wanted to go on a paper trace endeavour, they could find us pretty easy. NRA memberships, ATA memberships, gun purchases, These forums, ect. Get your CCW, while you still can.

4. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Depends on the state and your goals. In Texas our laws allow citizens to carry in their vehicles without a license. The only reason to have a CHL here is if you choose to carry on your person in public.

Many folks come to my classes and only intend to carry in their vehicles. We let them know that it is not necessary but they feel safer with it.

Carrying a handgun is not all that fun. It take considerable thought and is a large responsibility. That said it is the only way to protect yourself and family when confronted by crooks intent on bad deeds.

Jack

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

I carry to be able to defend myself. As we enter the "worst of times", it will be even more important to have the legal means to do so.

To worry about having your guns taken away at some distant time, seems of lesser importance than taking steps to increase the odds you will be alive to see that day come.

When that day comes, most will obey the law and surrender their guns. Many of us will turn in some of our guns (to appear to obey) and stash the guns we think will need or that will increase in value. A very small fraction will have their guns forcibly confiscated and be arrested or killed in the process.

Get your CCW and plan for option 2. Option 1 is for sheep and Option 3 is for fools.

Don

PS Option 2 will be more effective if you have planned for ammo and/or the ability to produce it.

don

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Turn in some of my guns????? No frickin way, I will die first. I fought for my country and I am quite sure I still remember how.

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

All of the above.

8. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Based on the National Guard exercise recently carried out ...Our security forces are already practicing techniques to do neighborhood sweeps for illegal weapons. Blockade entire sections of a town, secure the whole block, sweep house to house. After all...they're looking for dangerous weapons being illegally kept...and have to do this "to protect the children"...

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

"They" know more about most of us than we'd ever believe. If you use a debit or charge card for anything, what you buy or bought is in a computer somewhere. Does anyone believe that the call made to get your 4473 approved is really deleted after ten days? Did you believe what you heard during the "state of the union or congressional address" the other night?

Getting a carry permit is, I feel, an obligation for any true American. Finding out who has guns is no problem for the government. All they'd have to do is access the records of any organization like the NRA, ISRA, sportsmen's clubs, ATA, NSSA, and so on. If high school kids can hack into computers, don't you think the government can?

I'm not going to waste my time worrying about what they know. I'd rather spend it writing to my congressmen and senators asking them to oppose bad legislation and support good, like a ccw for us prisoners of Chicago agendas and Illinois' failure to recognize our second amendment rights.

Sorry for a little rant but I've been pushing those guys for years. At least the present congressman and my local legislators answer my letters and emails. Carol Mosley Braun never did. Paul Simon answered but never supported anything I requested. Durbin? Forget about Burris, he's busy trying to figure out what to inscribe next on his mausoleum. Schock...I have big hopes for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.