1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion on Caesar Guerini Summit O/U Trap gun 12g

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ihartm, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihartm

ihartm TS Member

I am interested in the Caesar Guerini Summit O/U Trap gun 12g and would appreciate anyones' personal experience with the gun and approx. prices paid for it new.
    My previous thread was in regards to the Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting model.
    My reflection to this model was because of saving money.
    Is it worth saving an extra $1000-1500.00 to purchase the Sporting model vs the Trap Gun????
    I have presently a Winchester Selct Energy Trap and have not been particually comfortable with it.
    I have only been shooting trap for about 6 months and really enjoy it, especially when breaking birds.
    Thank You
    I.Hartman

2. shootgood

shootgood Member

Hartman, I have been shooting a Summit trap for about a year and really like it. I can't comment on the difference between my gun and your o/u, but I think in the long run you will be better off getting the gun you really want; even if you have to wait a little while longer to get it. I was hesitant to spend the money on a gun that is fairly new on the market, but I have been very happy. Best of luck on a great gun--Shoot good

3. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

They strike me as light. I do like the looks but there is something about the weight and weight distribution that doesn't appeal to me.

There are a number of owners on this site that sing the praise of the gun so take one for a test drive. Only you will know if the gun is right for you.

Chip

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit Trap combo. Do they feel light? Yes but they are not. The balance is so good it take away from the weight. The Unsingle will feel lighter then the O/U.
    As for recoil it is very soft. Even with 3 dram loads. I have use the O/U for sporting clays. Just raise the rib and lower the comb. This gun is a very nice shooter.
    I see that Krieghoff just came out with a high rib sporter. Look close to there trap gun but the rib is lower.
    I had a Winchester Select Energy trap. Good gun but not for me. I sold it for a Browning XT. Much better and still have it. Again it not the feel for me and I shoot my CG much better. I think it's the high rib better balance and lighter feel that makes the hole package.
    I like my CG and I would buy another. I been think of getting a sporter as soon as my work picks up.

5. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

I have been shooting a 34/32 Summit Combo since last March. I had been shooting a BT-99 Golden Clays and a Ultra XT for Doubles. I went to the combo in an attempt to increase my doubles scores.

I like the combo very much. The gun is well balanced and there is little recoil even when shooting Nitro's for 'caps. The high rib on the unsingle is great for me as I do not have to look down on the rib. Just pull it up and the sight picture is there.

No complaints so far. My handicap and doubles scores showed good improvement.

I'll be sending the gun in for it's first free "pit stop" next week.

Dr. Honk

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I would give Bob Schultz a call. He has shot the gun and deals in about every major high grade gun. Bob is as honest as they come and will give you an honest, educated opinion. I think they are a well made gun but I have not shot one.

Mark Zauhar

7. rdf59

rdf59 Member

I have a Guerini Magnus Sporting Limited 12ga and a Magnus Sporting 20ga. Neither one is too light. They just feel that way because of great balance. (both ar 30").

They have excellent workmanship. I will be buying a Magnus or Summit Trap Combo to replace my Winchester Model 21 Trap.

I think CG's are outstanding guns

8. Caesar Trap

Caesar Trap Member

I have a few Caesar Summit guns, a 12 ga. Summit Trap Combo, 12 ga. Summit Sporting, a 20/28 ga. Summit Sporting Combo. All beautiful guns to shoot in their respective sports. Many people comment with high accolades for the guns, as I am one. Each of them have there place, if your going to shoot trap, keep saving your money and get the Trap model. The Sporting guns are very flat shooting. I tried to shoot trap with my sporting model at first, but that was just plain frustrating. I ended up purchasing the Trap combo to shoot trap with, best move I made for my trap game. I do like the high rib trap model, it keeps my head up and on the barrel, it stops me from peeking to see the target break.

Kyle Winter

9. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

I shot an Unsingle this last year and I have to say I was very impressed with it. For the price I don't think you can do better for a combo.

10. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Poor mans Perazzi.

11. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

As one who traded his Perazzi and purchased 2 Guerinis, one of them a trap O/U, I do not feel like I have given up anything. One suggestion...when you buy the Guerini, put a Dead Mule 7 -8 oz recoil reducer in the buttstock. I prefer the balance this way, as well as the extra weight. I've done this to both of my Guerinis and am very, very happy. Ditto on recommending Bob Schultz.

WNCRob

12. chuckles

chuckles Member

I have no special opinion on the CG, but it is a beautiful thing.....

The best shotgunner in the World shoots a Perazzi MX2000S.

The second best shotgunner in the World shoots a Beretta 391 Semi Auto.

I think its more about the shooter than the gun....

regards

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have a one year old 32/30 in excellent condition for sale. If interested send me a PM. They are terrific guns. Jake

14. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

The only advantage Perazzi has over the Guerini is the drop out
    trigger assembly. But your paying about three grand extra for the
    convience. The Summit trap is right up there with the best of em'.

15. Nutnbutsmoke

Nutnbutsmoke Member

I waited and waited until I was able to trade my Beretta 682 gold E combo in for the right price on a CG Magnus trap unsingle and I love it, the coin finish and gold birds and very nice wood really gets comments on the range. I haven't quite gotten my scores back up yet it takes a little to get use to the high rib and get it set up correctly for you.

16. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Hartman If you want to save some money on one Higradeshooterssupply.com has a used 30" o/u and a used 34"unsingle on there web site check it out with a sale price of $ 3795.00 each They say mint condition call Roy at 724-863-3888 Hope this is a help. They sale new for around $4500.00 Pat.k.

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I sold my first Caesar Guerini and regretted it, I now have another New one with Factory Release triggers and shooting it extremely well, filled the stock cavity with lead shot for more weight and balance, you will not be disappointed
    with this gun.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I sold my first Caesar Guerini and regretted it, I now have another New one with Factory Release triggers and shooting it extremely well, filled the stock cavity with lead shot for more weight and balance, you will not be disappointed
    with this gun.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

caesar guerini summit trap

caesar guerini summit trap combo
caesar guerini summit trap review
caesar guerini summit trap unsingle review
caesar guerini trap guns
caesar guerinin trap summit