1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion,K-80 new or built?????

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by vpr80, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

thought about doing this and the final conclusion was that the sum of the parts cost nearly as much as factory combo and then i am left with a "mutt" with lower resale value. however, given that you already have a barrel and the receiver, you can do it for a reasonable amount.

nevertheless, if you WANT and have the means, i would get the TS combo since that's going to make you happy. then sell the unsingle and receiver (~$5K) to offset your costs.

2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Here's all you need and yes, it's available...at least until I build mine!

smoknjoe_2009_251018.jpg

smoknjoe_2009_251020.jpg

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

0   0   0

Buy one. There aren't alot of Trap Special parts out there, especially the barrels. Since there aren't many, the prices are high. On the other hand, there are some good deals on used guns. There are a few on this site that are way below what they would have been a year ago.

Mark Zauhar

4. pfofml

pfofml Member

0   0   0

Skeetrap,
    I built my K80 barrels to Trap Special specs. I did this by having an add on rib placed on both barrels. These ribs are made of carbon fiber. Having a PMS stock, it was a simple matter to make a cheek piece to accomadate the highers ribs. This bulid up cost me < $400. My trap averages have gone up quite significantly since this change.

Peter Falk III

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Would be interested in seeing the carbon fiber ribs, and knowing where you had them made, if possible.

6. pfofml

pfofml Member

0   0   0

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Well I pieced mine together. I bought the receiver,iron, & barrel new at the Grand. Got a "show Special". Then I bought the wood from Gabe on TS.com. Had KI assemble it all. I felt with me figuring out how to shoot it, I would buy the used stock and fiddle until I was shooting consistant scores. Now this stock is a pattern to make a new one. Working for me so far. Saved a couple of grand but I'll have to pony that back up for a custom stock. Dave T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.