1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion--Best Auto shotgun(hunting)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Need opinion of the best Auto shotgun 3 1/2 shells.Most reliable without jamming and best pattern using dbl 00 buck----Thanks---MYSTIC---

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Take a look at the Super X-3. Very reliable. Also supposed
    to be the fastest cycling auto-loader made. I have the Super
    X-2. Have had a no malfunctions. I use for both hunting and sporting
    clays. It functions with both 3 1/2 and 3 dram trap loads.

3. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

A400 Xplor from Beretta.....

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Benelli Super Black Eagle. Dave T.

5. Beni

Beni Member

Benelli Super Black Eagle, with a pattern master choke !! beni

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Well the only one not mentioned is the Browning and for good reason. You can not beat the Benelli or Extrema from Beretta.

7. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Beretta Extrema II with Briley specialty choke.

8. missed some

missed some TS Member

I like the superX3 for no reason other than the safety is behind the trigger guard, which is where I have found it all my life shooting 870's and 1100's. which would be my first and only choice until you throw the big shells in, then I opt for the SX3

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

For 3 1/2, you can't beat the Xtrema 2 in my opinion.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Xtrema is the softest shooting 3 1/2" gun made.

11. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Beretta Extrema II is best I've had.

Would love to try the new A400 Xplor......

SW

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Don, Do you have a slug barrel for you Xtrema?

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have been an auto guy all my life and a Beretta 300 series is hard to beat but for hunting I actually prefer the Benelli Super Black Eagle

14. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Winchester and Browning use the EXACT same gas operation...Fastest shooting, softest recoiling most reliable autos you can buy period!

BTW...Browning invented the very first autoloading shotgun as well as the first gas operated gun able to shoot everything all the way to up to 3 1/2 inchers...Everyone else has been playing catch up ever since!!

You may want to take a machine shop class if you shoot a Beretta and you will actually feel the fillings in your teeth shake when you shoot your Benelli with 3 1/2 inchers....I say shoot'em all if you can like I did then make up your mind. I have a Gold that has never ever jammed or had a malfunction in over 10 years and have been in blinds with Benelli's that have jammed right next to me. I have one question...Why do you want to shoot a 3 1/2 incher anyway? 3 inchers are more than enough for any 00 buck shot applications used for deer drives....If you want to shoot 3 1/2 inchers buy a 10 ga.

15. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Luckyman---I have the Win sx2 and love it but I have a friend that has the same gun and it jammed twice on running deer---He sent it back to factory and gun still jammed---He traded it in for the Win sx3 and is very happy---My sx2 has never let me down---Killed a running deer last Wed using 3.5 ammo---shot through brush---3.5 ammo has 3 more pellets than the 3"---Why not use the extra?---I have killed many with 2 3/4 so why not just use the 2 3/4?---
    I am going to sell my Win sx2 only because I want a shorter bbl since I am getting up in age and we hunt using vans in and out of the woods---The 26" bbl patterns just as good as the 28" and the new sx3 is 1.5 lbl lighter---
    Thanks for you input----MYSTIC---

16. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Mystic, you can't tell Luckyman anything because he's brand loyal to the point of stupidity. He's the only fella that I've ever heard of that supposedly hasn't had any issues with his Browning.

17. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

SX3 is a great gun! Can't you just buy a shoter barrel for your SX2?

18. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Tron the only one that has brand loyalty to the point of stupidity is you...You became a machinist/gunsmith just so you can shoot one! LOL!!

I am loyal because my gun has been reliable for me...BTW mystic just mentioned he has never had an issue with his SX2...Same gun same action as the GOLD!! I have purchased one Autoloading shotgun in my life and have never had a reason to switch...

19. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Ton....I forgot to ask....Did you become a gunsmith/machinist because you bought a Beretta and had to just to keep your gun operational? My there are allot of threads with your input on how to fix Beretta Autos and I love every one....Your are like Trapshooters own version of Beretta tech support! LOL!Having to fix a gun all the time just to say you shoot a Beretta seems stupid doesn't it?

20. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Lucky---I love my sx2 and would keep it if I could find a 26" bbl---I have tried to find one with no avail---Wish I could find one---Thanks---MYSTIC---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.