1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion: 303 Beretta/1100 Rem.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gatguy, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

Whats your opinion of these two guns? How do they compare?
    Dick C.

2. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

Take the 303 over the 1100. The 1100 is not that well made of a gun.

3. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

I'm looking for a 303 trap w/screw-ins; will trade 34" BT99 or??

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

303 trap - you can find failry easy if you have some time. Screw in barrels not so easy but they are out there. I suggest buying the next 303 trap you come across and then switch barrels if you have to. 303 vs 1100 No comparison

5. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Dick Hi, i sent you an email in regards to the trade your looking for.Either call me or email me. Thanks. Tim Dearth

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

gatguy- i sent you an email--wally riebesell mvalley@rpt.coop

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i personally shoot berettas and have for years, i have had very lil trigger time w/ rem 1100! but what i do hear is when a guy who has shot an 1100 pulls up a beretta auto, he will say -" i see alot of rib" "man-i just cant get down on it"-- good or bad everyone see's or shoots a lil differant. one way to tell which gun is more popular or which the majority of the crowd shoots, is look at the work they have done by all the vendors and small businesses who alter shotguns( for the goal of gaining a few rocks)- barrel work, trigger jobs, stocks custom ,magazine weights on and on- -- not many advertise 1100 work that they preform, not saying they cudnt but they are going after the majority -who probably are beretta shooters--and less and less 1100 shooters-!!

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Shoot a Beretta auto before trading for one. I've had a few and just can't deal with the slow lock-up time of the trigger. To me, it's like shooting an old flintlock without the hassel of the long loading time.

I do know where ther is a NCP barrel for a 303 is, but I don't know if it's got tubes or not.

ec90t

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Both good guns. If you like the Remington, I'd look for an older one. Better quality.
    Any of the 300 series Berettas are good too. Feel more solid because of less noise when cycling. I think that the only reason the Remingtons cycle more noisily is that the receiver is steel.

I prefer the 1100 overall. Out of the box the trigger is better than the Beretta but I've always made the triggers better with easily bought aftermarket improvements.

There are so many of each for sale at about any time and you should have a chance to shoot some. That's the decider.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The 1100 is very easy to work on. If you like to experiment you can usually find a barrel for $100 or less. Plenty of parts available too. HMB

11. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have owned both. I prefer the feel of Remington autos. I shoot them better.

12. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have owned and shot both, I would not buy another 11-87 or 1100. The Beretta's are so much more reliable for doubles than either of the Rems. Trigger lock times were brought up, you can get "speed lock" triggers for either. I found this trigger close to a P gun or K gun in my Berettas. The later Beretta stocks have an adjustment system for cast & drop which the Rem.s do not. Unfortunately, the American product does not stand up, IMHO.

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

The 1100 is not that well made of a gun. Hydra, where do you get your info??????????????????????????????

I have both and they each have their own feel. You should really experiment by shooting both to make your decision on buying. They will both last along time and be perfectly adequite for shooting provided reasonable care is given.

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I keep hearing how much more reliable the Beretta is. Not from personal experience. I frequently shoot with shooters who shoot Beretta autos. My Remingtons are just as reliable.

15. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

Thanks to all replies, I'm going to do some shooting with both before deciding.
    Dick C.

16. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

Pheasantmaster, From people who depend on their guns. From people who make a living with their guns. Those are the people who are professional duck guides. They thought they would save money by buying the 1100 and before the end of the season they traded them all in for the well built Browning A5. I have seen other guns but they do not carry the 1100 in the blinds. The A5 is the one gun I see them carrying. Their guns are their tools not their toys. They work their guns and work them hard. The A5 will take alot more then any 1100 will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bereta 303 vs browning a5

beretta 303 vs remington 1100

remington 1100 vs beretta a303