1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Operation Repo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Love that tv program. Like what do you think folks? Don 't pay your bills and the Repo man is there. Hate that fat lady.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but i can't stand it. Some of the worst acting on TV. The stories are supposed to be dramatization of actual events. Not saying they didn't happen but they embellish it quite a bit. Not high on my watch list at all.

I have nothing against their job or stance on it though. Don't pay for your sh!t it disappears. Had a friend that was a Semi owner operator but just didn't want to work. He had all sorts of neat toys. Within one week, his Freightliner, 21' Conquest Boat, Dodge Ram 4x4 and Honda 650 all vanished. Gotta pay your bills boys and girls.

Matt

3. REM3

REM3 Member

Hate It !!!!

4. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Can't imagine why more of those a$$holes don't get shot. Nothing more than thieves with a license to steal!

5. shelly

shelly TS Member

How are people retrieving property for it's owners from deadbeats theives? Makes no sense.

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Read the credits, nothing you see is actually footage. All staged...

8. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

If someone sneaks onto my property in the dead of night and attempts to break into my home, I have no way of knowing whether they are "retrieving" someone elses property, my property, or are there to do something else even more criminal.

My first survival instinct would be to shoot first, then sort out intentions later.

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I use to watch it but when the bad guys are being thrown around and or put down you wil see from time to time them laughing. The hits are pulled and or fake. If it was more real it would be a good show but its not. Its all hollywood. BS BS BS.

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I have a son that is an actual repo man. The stories I hear from him don't seem to quite compare with what I'm told happens on the show (have never watched the tv version). I do know that shortly after starting a guy he was with had a cocked pistol put to his face. My son didn't seem to notice the glamour in that. Also, the way they have to repo (ie approach on private property) is quite different that what is said to happen on the show. Maybe KS is different!

11. grntitan

Every State is different on what is allowed. Most do this job unarmed(at least fireaems wise) as the law is very sketchy on whats considered self defense during a repo. Always wanted to do this job when i was younger. Talked with several of them in person and changed my tune. Very dangerous job and no guarenteed paycheck week to week.

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

grntitan, yes in KS it seems that they are not authorized to carry just because they are licensed to repo.. Your right again that there are no guarantees of a paycheck. Many times this past year they went on unsuccessful ventures. I haven't studied/evaluated they procedure to acquire but this business as I know it sure seems fruitless!

13. shelly

shelly TS Member

Oh kiv, don't be silly. Repo people aren't allowed to break into anybody's house- that's a crime. Give the BS a rest.

If "bought" something from you but refused to pay for it, wouldn't you like to get it back?

14. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Yes it islike wrestling. I saw a repo team a neighbors house once. Two big old boys jsutthe size of the two on Lizard Lick. they pulled up read the vin and had taht Camaro on the hook faster than all heck. Went to the door and spoke to the kid and let him get his personal stuff out of the car. The kid called his mommy and she come runing in with a check and they unhooked the car. A friend of mine has sideline job for a repo company his part is to find the vehicle if he can and take a photo to prove he was at the property in order to get paid. He says you would not believe how many people just try to give him the keys and take the vehicle. He tells them I am not here to take it just to make sure it is here. I am alone in pickup with no hoist and so how can I possibly take it?

15. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Watch the show a few times, Shelly/Trappy, and notice that they have no qualms about entering a garage to steal...er..."repossess" cars. That is breaking and entering by any state's law.

Sure, you have the right to demand return of an unpaid item. But, it should be done with a legal notice served by a law enforcment official, not some former thug gangbanger.

16. shelly

shelly TS Member

kivey, it's a damn TV show, for christ sakes. Repo people are just average, everyday people like you, not gangbangers. Again, IT'S A TV SHOW, not reality. Wake up. Their job is plenty dangerous, but they are required to follow the law, just like you and me. No bank or other financial institution would use a repo company whose employees were criminals. Think with your brain, not the TV.

17. grntitan

kiv-c--Buddy you are far from informed on the law of reposession and the rules and laws from State to State. I am not claiming to be an expert as i am not but i'm also not talking out of my ass as you are.

Want to see a real TV show about repo men watch the National Geographic show "Night Shift". These men will walk thru the cans an can'ts of repo men in their State. As i said before all States are different in what they allow and don't. They use tactics that may seem unfair to crooks that don't pay their bills but really are just games to out smart the ignorant. As i said in my first post, Gotta pay your bills boys and girls". If you don't your shit may disappear. They want your stuff it will be gone before you know what happened. I can asure you of that. It may take them awhile but they will get it. Its their job. It isn't theft and they don't break and enter. Your thinking of some backwoods bounty hunter. Most States do not allow you to enter a "LOCKED" gate or garage. The law is funny on everything. Not just Repo.

I for one have no issue with them. I pay for the toys i buy. If i don't, come and get it. Heck i'd deserve it. Its people buying sh!t they can't afford thats half the reason our Country is so F'd up. Don't get mad at the truth.

18. JH

JH Well-Known Member

I just love to see the "entitled types" yell at them about THEIR CAR!

Well, the last time I checked, the car belongs to the BANK/CREDIT UNION until one pays in full.

To own something, one has to PAY IN FULL!

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Been a loooooong winter.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.