1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opening Line -Ravens-49'rs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trim tab, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Opening Line -Ravens-49

49'rs open -5 in Vegas for Super Bowl

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

What's the over?

Tim

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Tim, O/U is 49 1/2

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now -4 & 47.5

5. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I like 47.5 a lot better than 49. I have to see where it is the day of the game for my entertainment pleasure, if you know what I mean.

Tim

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Looks like the sharp money steamed the under on this early line, but they could just be moving the line to where they want it. Seems that most of the Public money will always come in on the Over for the super bowl.

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

As I understand it, the line moves only when money is put on it more in favor one way or the other. I have heard it takes $1 million to move the number a 1/2 point.

It'll likely sit pretty still up until the day before the game. Then watch it fluctuate on game day. I was watching a website on New Year's Day and it was almost dizzying watching the numbers move every which way on all the Bowl games being played that day.

FWIW there was only 1 game the past two weekends (6 games total) that was under. That was the AFC game yesterday. 4 of the 5 games that went over were outdoors and one in pretty cold weather. (Den./Balt.)

Tim

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

currently 49ers minus 3.5, total 47.5 I have seen a Vegas Book move the line over a 300 bet. I's all about balancing the action on both sides of the proposition. Opening at 5 and down to 3.5 indicates action heavy on Ravens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.