1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Opening a Ljutic Dynokic - Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by old tex, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old tex

old tex TS Member

Mine is Centennial SS and it opens very easily.

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I shoot a dynokic and have shot many thousands of shells with it. There is absolutely no problem opening the gun - even when the hammer spring is brand new. The Ljutic gun that was difficult was the Space Gun. Same thrust hammer system but no mechanical assist provided by the break open design of the dynokic.

3. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

When mine was brand new (#189) it failed to set once or twice. That didn't last long, and since (25,000+ shells), no problem. Mine still doesn't "drop" open, but I've never had a problem cocking the main spring or setting the recoil spring since the original small problem.

Once you "learn" to shoot it I think you'll really like it. I love mine.

Mike

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Gary Waalkes, I'm not very familiar with the Ljutic variations. You say "mechanical assist provided by the break open design of the dynokic." Are you saying there is leverage applied and the Dynokic is easier to open?

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

What I am saying is the gun is cocked by pushing the barrel down and away from the reciever. The barrel acts as a lever. Conversely, a space gun shooter must reset the hammer by pulling directly back on the spring using ones fingers (similar to cocking a semi-auto).

If one considers a different type of gun, such as browning or beretta, those guns are much harder to open because the shooter must apply enough downward pressure on the barrel to cock the hammer(s) plus operate the ejector(s). The dynokic does not eject so that piece of mechanical resistance does not exist.

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I just got my Dynakic back from having it reblued and tuned, if it's cocked it opens very easy but if it isn't it is difficult to open. Can I just cut off part of the spring behind the finger opener so it will open easier?Glenn

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine takes more action to open than other single barrel trap guns-- maybe this cocking is relative to the individual gun?

Gene

8. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

I have number 197 and it drops open as soon as I push the button. Of course, I use my left hand to support it as it drops so as not to stress the action at the end of the drop.

The gun is as smooth as silk when opening and closing.

Once you shoot a Dynokic for a while, you can develop a setup and shoot routine that uses an absolute minimum amount of human energy, which prevents fatigue and keeps you fresh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.