1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Public Meeting, Gun Laws, Trenton, NJ

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smity, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smity

Smity Member

Hi All,
    We have a one time opportunity to speak to Governor Corzine’s Handgun Task Force.

The Handgun Task Force is going to review all NJ gun laws over the next 18 months (starting from July 27), starting with a review of the one-handgun-a-month law.

There is an open public meeting on September 24, at 11:00am at the State House Annex, Committee Room 4, in Trenton, NJ.

Anyone can attend, but if you want to testify, you have to call Sobande Afolabi, in the Gov’s Counsel’s office, 609-777-2462.

I called the State House Annex and confirmed that Committee Room 4 holds only about 150 people. Therefore, it is critical that we get there early and with as many people as possible.

I am sure that, whether you live in New Jersey, or you have to drive through New Jersey occasionally, that you are equally as fed up with the ridiculous gun control laws in this state. This is one of those very rare occasions where we can actually be heard.

If anyone chooses to attend, please post as such. I am going to be posting this on multiple forums and I would like to keep a running total of those attending.

Thanks for your help and good luck to everyone!

Smity

2. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

What will be the topic of this meeting?

Do you think there will be any nice guns for sale?

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

You may be heard, but will they listen?

4. Smity

Smity Member

One thing is for sure, if we are not there only bad things can happen.

Smity

5. Smity

Smity Member

6. Smity

Smity Member

Just in case there are a few NJ residents following this thread: Take a look at the 4th person.

This is the list of those "invited" to testify in front of the TF.

Scott L. Bach, Esq., National Rifle Association

Frank Caso -- Owner of Caso's Gun-A-Rama Inc in Jersey City, NJ

Kathy Chatterton -- National Champion, 2009 Standard Pistol

Thomas Comey, Police Chief, Jersey City Police Department -- Stated that pump action shotguns are assault weapons

Craig Dear -- unknown

Stan Gurski, New Jersey Arms Collectors

Jerramiah T. Healy, Mayor, Jersey City -- supports OGAM and other gun control

Andrew Jennison, National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action

Carol Katona, Citizen’s Rifle & Revolver Club

David Lang -- ANJRPC -- Director, International Pistol

Dale Leddon -- unknown

Carl Leisinger -- expert witness in firearms and ballistics -- high power shooter

Jake McGuigan, National Shooting Sports Foundation

Evan F. Nappen, Esq. -- pro gun attorney

Gary Needleman, Esq. -- pro gun attorney

Butch Sacco, New Jersey Retail Dealers Association

George Shivery, Jr., Mullica Rife and Pistol Club, Mayor, Gibbstown

Brian Sisz -- Owner of the Sportmen's Center, Bordentown, NJ

Mitchell Sklar, New Jersey Association of Chiefs of Police (position on the issue unknown)

Ed Tarpy, New Jersey Retail Dealers Association

Don A. Toenshoff -- President, Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club

Robert L. Viden, Association of New Jersey Firearms Retailers

It is very important that anyone who can attend does so to support the folks that are testifying on our behalf.

If anyone knows anything about those that I listed as unknown, please let us know who they are and their position of the issue. Thanks!

Smity

7. Smity

Smity Member

I found this on one of the other sites:

The State House Counsel's office is the Gov's Counsel's office. I talk to Sallye from time to time when I submit OPRA requests. She is very helpful.

You don't have to be from NJ to weigh in. All of the NJ laws apply to anyone who drives into or through NJ. An example of an email is:

Smity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.