1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oops! kaboom !

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twopipe, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twopipe

twopipe Member

here's my collection of foul-ups gleaned from the internet so far. Anyone else that has some good ones feel free to contact me with your donation to my album. Bruce

2. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Really good pictures twopipe. These will be a great addition to our Hunter Safety program.

Thanks,

Killer

3. hdskip

hdskip Member

Who wooda' thunk it!!!!! Not a K-80 in the bunch! Could it be that other guns blow up?
    Gary

4. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Twopipe, a couple of years ago I saw in a local gunshop a Ruger M77 in what I believe was .300 Winchester Magnum absolutely destroyed. The floorplate had blown out, the trigger assembly was gone, the siderail was bent outwards and upwards, the bottom of the chamber had blown off, the stock was broken completely through, but the bolt had held. The owner claimed the rifle was defective. Yeah, right, the only defective was the owner who had obviously loaded a fast powder rather than the slow-burning one he claimed he loaded. I have heard that the owner of the gun shop refunded the guy's money and told him to never come into his shop again, that he was too stupid to be shooting.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A friend in CA lost part of his thumb and forefinger when a .458 Winchester let go! He was shooting new Winchester 500 grain bullets sighting in the rifle prior to a trip to Africa. A screw in the barrel lug was drilled too deep into the barrel for the amount of pressure this gun developed and thats where it began. That one cost Winchester a bunch in the early 60s! Hap

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I saw a Ruger 77 in 7mm mag. that was the victim of a bad handload. The owner thought he was using IMR 4831 and was in truth using IMR 4895. The gun was intact but the bolt was siezed in the action and after beating the bolt open, pices of brass were found inside the bolt from front to back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.