1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ontario Gun Club Meeting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

There is an Ontario meeting in Orillia,On. Canada this weekend.
    A concern for the future of gun clubs.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

Jim what topics will be discussed at this meeting? You make it sound like the end of the world is coming! Some more descriptive details of the topics and agenda of the meeting would be appreciated. Also, where in Orillia,ON will this meeting take place.
    Your Northwestern Ontario trapshooting friend. Cheers, Ken

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I spoke with a friend earlier today, who is a shooter and was dealing with the CFO to get an approval for a club's ranges. He indicated that the ranges that have been shut down were for good reason and all clubs that brought their ranges up to standard were inspected right away and reopened. The conversation we had made me feel a lot better.

The meeting is in Barrie on Saturday. Only one representative of each club is allowed to attend. I spoke with Paul Shaw last Sunday and he indicated that he was planning to attend, which is a relief in itself. We will have to wait and see what information comes from the meeting. Bill Malcolm

4. Joe Woods

Thankyou Bill , I am concerned, very concerned. The ratio of closings was concerning. I do realize I had no explanation or details. I still have few details, but know I have a Ontario 1999 range Manual.I just have to read it.
    I am still concerned.

I was pleased to get an issue of 08 Canadian program. Impressive. Hard work went into this project.
    All the best.

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Joe, I think this meeting is a very positive step to have a participative relationship between the clubs and the CFO. I suspect the 1999 range Manual is out-of-date, and if not already re-written, I'm sure it's about to be.

However, The 2008 Canadian programme is current - glad you like it! Looking forward to seeing you in June,

Barbara Sheldon

Producer/Director of Marketing and Promotions -
    The 2008 Canadian

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

We had our small, local club re-inspected in the fall of 2007.

The inspector was a good, reasonable sort, to paraphrase him, "we're not here to shutdown clubs".

We had our data ready, I made a couple scale drawings on a survey plan of our shotfall zones, with extra copies for the inspector.

We were asked to paint numbers on the shooting positions (no big deal), put a contact number on our club sign (another no big deal). Both were done.

They said we were a very well run club.

We sent confirmation of the changes in that were asked for which they acknowleged, There were no issues or interuptions in our activities, its "busness as usual".

7. Joe Woods

Anyone attend the Gun Club meeting in Barrie , Ontario. Update us.
    I heard there was 220 Gun Clubs in Ontario. 175 were represented.

Joe Woods/Ontario

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

As I understand it, shotfall zones were addressed for skeet, but I have no idea what else or even if this is correct.

---------

7 1/2--300 mtr

#8--288 m

#9--268m

---------

#8 station

7 1\2--241 m

#9 212 m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.