1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Only way I will EVER buy another gun here.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tailbuster, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

John,

I'd say we have to police the site ourselves as much as we can. In that regard, posting the offenders handle would be a start. I know that you have legal rights and maybe others know best how to handle the situation. Obviously this part of things can get pretty bad. Best of luck on the return of your money.

all the best,
    john

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I'll get the Tar & Feathers ready....yippee!

Come on, let's crucify the S.O.B. without having both sides of the story and the "Factual" events!

Self-policing? Never happen, that's why we (America) spend billions yearly on law enforcement.

Curt - Delaware

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

How can the BUYER BEWARE when we don't have the name of the culprit? If you used a postal money order, I would report it to them. If you used another means of payment, I'd contact the police.
    On another note, I bought a gun on here last week and wasn't satisfied w/ the condition. The seller sent my money back before he received the gun back. I couldn't have been more pleased w/ the individual whom I'd never dealt w/ before. There are a lot of good honest people on here.
    Sorry you had a bad experience.

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I have had good luck on this site when it comes to buying and selling. I'm sorry that you have such an ass of a seller. These things happen. You can get the Post Office to go after him if he does not send the money back to you.The PO does not like people using them in crimes. Second if he keeps the money call the BATF. By not sending the gun the BATF looks at that like a stolen gun and they will go after them for that. Third you can call the area local police and see what they are willing to do.

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

As one said here post the sellers TS.com name here and what he did.The reason is that other buyers can do a search on the name and see what kind of person they are. When buying here again you can do a search on the ID name and see who your dealing with.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

C'mon John...give us the guilty S.O.B.'s name so we can give him a fair trial, then take him out back and hang him!

We need some justice here.....we need closure.....

Bottom line is and/or moral of my post is....

If you "were" wronged and you want us (as in ts.com posters) to be aware of a problem person.....then "Man-up" and give us the name. If not, you should have stayed in the shadows and shut-up!

We only have your side of the story and have no way of knowing if it's factual.

Just another Bullshit post!

Curt

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The he (the seller) needs to "Man-up"....

Curt

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I don't know anything about this particular deal but I have dealt with John (Atajohn) and it went flawlessly. Would be happy to do it again and I sure hope you get it resolved. Jim W

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Aw, the power of TS.com.

Don

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

BTW, I would contact the PO, and inquire about the PM service and see about requesting a refund or credit. The list 2-3 day service and unless there was something that prevented routing of mail (like weather, natural disaster) they might make good on that...

Don't ask, don't get!
    Jay

11. R_T

R_T TS Member

Priority Mail is not, and never has been a guaranteed service.

Two-to-three day delivery is only "typical" and not the standard.

Priority mail travels in the same containers and by the same means as regular 1st class mail. Only the sorting and routing at each depot are expedited.

Michael

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have not had any bad experiences on either end here. I do have one thing to offer, though: Do not be in a hurry. Unless you are an expert in all the shipping and mailing intricacies, and spend the extra cash on overnight services, it some times takes more time than you think.

Take a deep breath and communicate.

HM

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've sold two gun's here and bought severial items. I've never had a problem. However, buyer beware.

14. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I buy and sell a lot of guns online. I always feel better when I have talked to the seller on the phone before I agree to buy the gun. Not always, but most of the time, you can pretty much tell what kind of person you are dealing with by just talking to them.

I am always suspicous if the seller is too quick to accept an offer that is very much lower that his asking price. Also, if I ask questions about the gun and he seems unsure of the answers, even though he is supposed to be looking at it at the time. I also, have a lot more confidence if the seller is in business rather than an individual.

The bottom line is that sending out $1000 or $2000 to someone that you never heard of before he offered a gun for sale, is, by it's very nature, a little risky.

If one takes that risk often enough, he WILL get burned sooner or later. So far, I have not been burned, but it is comming, I know that, but what the Hell? Life itself is a crap shoot....

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You will not get burned if you do two things:

1. Pay with a postal money order. This makes any fraud a federal offense.

2. If you are nervous about a seller, have him send from an FFL. A complaint to ATF is a serious thing, and no dealer would jeopardize their license for one deal. (at least none that I know of).

The rest of the story is to use reverse lookup to chck phone number, Yellow pages if the individual has a business or is a professional. White for individual.

Talk in person.

I have done all of these things at one time or another. What you do is a judgement call. If you already know the guy or have bought before maybe you would like to relax a bit.

Most important: make sure all the details like shipping, 3day inspection, etc are sorted out beforehand. That way no one gets miffed.

HM

16. primed

primed Well-Known Member

If you don't get your money back soon, I would contact the postal inspection service. Mail fraud, fruadulently obtaining postal money orders and internet fraud all fall into their scope of responsibility. Also stolen money orders can be replaced by filing a claim at any post office. If you sent the money order and did not get the goods, I think that could be considered a stolen money order. It is my opinion the the postal inspectors are one of the most powerful but underutilized law enforcement agencies around.

Good luck in recovering your funds.

I agree that you should post the handle of the cuprit.

Bob

17. gotbass

gotbass Member

Curt - I'm thinking you are an aspiring wise ass. If you had been around you would know that atajohn is a standup guy and his version of the story is the straight truth. I've done a little business with the man and he is a gentleman. Nuff said. Mike R

18. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

As was said above that the seller probably had a better offer and you got turned down for the sale That should be no reason for him to sound of on you the way you discribed . This man doesn`t sound too reputable to me in the way he handled it even saying he`d give you your money back . I wonder how many others he has treated this way ?? If you don`t want to give his name , which I think you should so the rest of us will keep our distance in any future dealings with the man , at least give up the state he lives in so we can make up our own mind who he might be . You got a raw deal even with the returned money when ever you receive it .

19. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

If John sent the money order to the seller, then I suppose that he put the seller's name in the "Pay To:" line. So, when John gets the money order back, how is he going to cash it with someone else's name on it? Will the Post Office take these money orders back and give a refund even after they have been filled out with someone's name? Just wondering.

20. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

The post office will cash the MO if EITHER the remitter OR the payee presents it to them (if of course, that particular post office has the funds in the cash drawer).

I had this happen to me once and the guy just returned the MO that I sent him. I was a little POed until I found out that I could cash it too.

Now, I cashed it at a local post office. I don't know what would have happened if I had deposited it in the bank, like I do if someone sends ME a postal MO, but I THINK that it would go through the bank all right. (although I would prolly have to get the branch manager to explain that to the girl at the drive through window) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.