1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Only once in a long while

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Very rarely a gun comes along that shoots right where I am looking. I have owned two such guns since 1972. The first was a Perazzi Mirage, the second a Franchi 500 auto. With the Franchi I shot 2600 reg ATA targets one year for an average of 98.6%. I had to part with the Franchi as it was impossible to keep it running for much more than 500 shells (parts breakage). When it looked as though I may never shoot again due to shoulder problems I sold the Mirage and most of my other guns as well.

Well I'm back after 30yrs of no shooting and in the last few months I have struggled with shooting lefty or righty, gone through an 1100, two BT-99's, three TM-1's, and finally a Ljutic Mono Gun. With all but the Ljutic I logged about 1000 reg singles targets late in the 2010 season. My average was awful (78 or there abouts). Late in the summer of 2010 I came across an old Ljutic (1974) with an X-full fixed choke (.048" restriction). About the same time I bought a barrel off of GB (original Ljutic choke, .022" restriction). It fit my gun perfectly so now I had a two barrel set. Sent the set to Ljutic right away for the full treatment minus redoing the wood. I bought a new style PFS from this site and never looked back. For the last 30 days I have not shot less than 23X25 with a lot of 24's and 25's as well (singles). Still learning the HC 27 (mostly in the low 20's with an occasional 24X25). This gun shoots right where I am looking (occasionally I still look in the wrong place). I am so pleased with this gun and the way I am shooting it that this one will never get away. If not for having a son to leave it to it would go to the grave with me. I guess the main reason for this soliloquy is: If you ever find that one very special gun, KEEP IT.

I can hardly wait for our ATA season (FL) to begin. Marc

2. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

It's good that you are back. Keep that excitement going. Glenn Allison

3. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Marc, what kind of fun is one gun? :)

Rick in Mt.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I did, and it's also a Ljutic Mono. I've been shooting it 25+ years. 100's of thousands of rounds through it before it was rebuilt this past winter. Now it's like new again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.