1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

only in California................sad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Coyote 270, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Doesn't surprise anyone..

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Read it. Makes me wonder, will kids be allowed to sing that jazz classic, covered by so many, including Frank Sinatra and Gabor Szabo. It is an existential song of angst and yearning. Listening to the song would give kids grist for their creative mills re. interpretation of song lyrics. Would music teachers be fired or disciplined for playing the song in a music appreciation class?

Oh, the song? It is: "Bang Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down"...

Can't have songs with such dangerous lyrics and titles. We are finally becoming a civilized and thinking society. Along this line, "Happiness Is A Warm Gun", a Beatles song, as I recall, sounds too provocative for children, well maybe ok only for high school literature with parental permission.

(But I am curious of Mel Torme' also covered the song??)

Yes, schools are becomming much safer. I am still concerned that some children bring virulent germs to school.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

American culture continues to get sicker and dumber, and there's no state sicker and dumber than Kalifornia.

-Gary

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Now now, we have some smart people in California. Why just the other day, I had two people approached me at the beach and offer to read my "karma" within two minutes vs. the usual four minutes. I am proud to be a Californian!

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

If you think this stuff is limited to California...think again. Public schools aren't what they used to be.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, that's definitely true too.

-Gary

7. Tangocharlie

Tangocharlie TS Member

Born and raised in California and it's really a shame what has happened to this state. That said, some of the best people you will ever find originate or reside in the great state of CA. The difficult part is that such a high density of liberal altruistic voters live in urban meccas and they want to "shape" the rest of the world. Politicians feed off their fear and concerns, it's easy to win elections when you appeal to the majority of voters. In any state or in any election. CA has too many dependents, too many people living off the tit. Of course they want free stuff, higher taxes, free health care, no guns, no drugs, etc etc etc etc. The media is a joke, waste of time watching news or reading newspapers in CA. 95%+ liberal or left biased from the media. I enjoy a debate like anyone else, but don't waste peoples time when you won't even listen or change your mind. I find when I engage in politics, gun rights etc. with people in CA or anywhere for that matter, they don't want to discuss the issues. They just want to blab on what they hear and are told to believe. I engage almost anybody that wants to discuss issues, I have rarely lost or been proven wrong on gun rights, gun issues, politics, when given the chance to actually discuss the issues and analyze facts. The issue for me is that it's exhausting, how many idiots can one man talk to in the modern world. Ok sorry, done ranting.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

When I was a kid nobody would dare bring a real gun to school. Now schools need
    metal detectors to keep the gang-bangers from bringing their gun into the class room.

We had cap guns that looked like cap guns. Now they have replicas that would fool anyone, especially when pointed at a policeman with a real gun.

Time to get rid of toy guns.

9. Avatar

Interesting that this program targets toy guns and not the extremely violent role-playing video games that actually do present cause for worry.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah, when's the violent video game and violent movie buy back going to happen?

Oh, wait, that's the sacred cow California entertainment industry.

11. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

How about the rap songs if anyone is convinced that they are actually songs that advocate killing police and use the n word in every other line?

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"When I was a kid nobody would dare bring a real gun to school.

Dick,

When I was a kid, most boy's who drove to school brought their firearms with them during hunting season, shotguns and "high powered" rifles!! 1970-1973

NO ONE said anything or cared!!

That same school NOW kick's out students who "draw" pictures of firearms!!

So what changed? 40 years, intrenched liberal indoctrinators, parents who are too lazy to care whats happening to their children and liberty's!!!!

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Just seen this, some follow up on public buffoons.

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Re. the newspaper clipping above. Funny, ignorant, and one wonders if it is written by somebody who is anti (the) Democratic Party. It kinda "smells" that way...particularly when it gets to the "C-Section" argument!

Creative, but not good enough for prime time!

15. Avatar

Yeah, too much effort to divide "Republicans and conservatives" and "Democrats" on an issue that should unite all citizens. One thing the article gets right is what it doesn't quite say: government will always want to prevent access to weapons. The founding fathers certainly understood that.