1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Online retailer to quit selling in California

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jerbear, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

http://www.examiner.com/x-2581-St-Louis-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d31-Online-ammo-retailer-follows-Ronnie-Barretts-principled-example

An online retailer of ammunition and shooting accessories, Cheaper Than Dirt, has announced that it will, as of 2011, stop selling ammo not only to private citizens in California, but to government agencies, as well, stating about the new policy that:

. . it will apply to every individual, business, and agency in CA.

Jerbear

2. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Jerbear: I as a proud resident of CA, have been advocating this exact strategy for several years. Talk about falling on deaf ears.

If all gun Mfgs, Ammo Mfgs etc would boycott CA both civilian and LE like CTD is proposing. It would put an immediate end to the gun law writing frenzy we are experiencing.

Problem is getting them to actually do it. I made this point to the NSSF and they politely told me that they couldn't be a part of such a thing as depriving resources from Law Enforcment, as they didn't want to be looked at by liberals as the bad guys. When I told her they already were looked at as bad guys by the liberals she just laughed. They are idiots, and not willing to dirty their hands in the slightest.

The outfit is solely a reaction based entity. They are the guys that close the barn door after the horse is gone.

The problem is that if one outfit quits CA then others just see it as a way to pick up market share, and thus will not follow suit. In the end they are all just $ and cents oriented businesses where politics only affect the bottom line if they apply directly to the individual firm. Try to get Winchester or Federal to stop selling ammo to state and local LE agencies, ain't gonna happen, too much money to lose.

Also you not only need to get all of the gun related mfgs to boycott, you need all wholesalers and retailers to boycott too. Pretty tough nut to crack. For the above reason. Unity is going to be difficult to attain.

See my post on the Jesse Ventura for a more plausable way of dealing with these problems.

Randy

3. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I would like to see all gun related manufacturing and suppliers leave CA. Maybe they might miss the tax revenues these firms generate...Bill

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    About time. These crap laws from Commiefornia are like a cancer that spreads to other states and congress. Time for some strong chemotherapy.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Businesses have been leaving California for years. I worked for two fortune 100 corporations that closed their offices and plants there. California legislators will not be able to understand. Liberals are not bright enough to see the loss of business as a bad thing. Just like when they stopped the building of TWO electical power generating stations that would have made all the power they needed, only to complain about power shortages on the national news during a heat wave. Just like a dog that cannot understand why you swat his nose with a newspaper when he tinkles on the carpet. Some people just cannot learn.

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

The only way to put an end to the CA legislation maddness is to De-Elect all of the liberal idiots that hold public office in this state, from the bottom right up to the top. Call the RNC and demand they launch and all out assult on the liberal lawmaker idiots that run this state, and sit in Congress on YOUR dime.

The RNC actually thinks CA is a lost cause,, Well then the US is a lost cause, cuz it all starts here.

If you don't do this it is only a matter of time til our insanity comes to your state!

You won't like it!

Randy

7. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Yeah, but it was 75 and sunny here today :)

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Yes it was 75 here today !!!! And that's why it isn't a lost cause!

Randy

9. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

The point about "You voted them in" is not valid. I didn't vote any of them in! I live in a Democratic controlled state where none of the Republican candidates receive any support whatsoever from the Republican Nation Committee, which is where all the money comes from.

Do you NOT think that the DNC spends substantial amounts of money keeping, Feinstein, Boxer and Pelosi in office? Feinsteins husband is one of the richest people in CA, Boxer is Clintons cousin, and Pelosi is from the most liberal stronghold on the planet, Plus they get massive amounts of campaign support from the DNC. Kind of hard to fight that with no help.

The Dems get voted in because they largly run unopposed, and that is because the RNC won't fund any Republican candidates because they consider CA a lost cause!

If this doesn't change before the next election you can all look forward to a bunch of new gun laws in your state too.. they ALL come from HERE!!!!

Reread this post again to get the reason why!

Randy

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Heck, on the heels of these posts...

Its great to live in Illinois! Compared to California, we're liberal on gun ownership, have a fantastic venue for super shotgun competitions and please ignore the NE corner of the state that borders Lake Michigan...

We're getting sued by our neighbors for Asian Carp, but we've got plenty of drinking water and can water our lawns! Winchester manufactures ammo in the southwest corner of our state!

La dee da, la dee da....

regards all,

jay

11. SpeedyWho

SpeedyWho Active Member

I Love California. Its the only place more messed up than my my home state. Good ol' Illinois, one Gov. in prison and the next one on the way. Not even going to bring up Cook county. Or the fact its been darn cold this weekend. But that aside I'm glad I dont live in CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.