1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Online Gunsmith schools

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by american trapshooter, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. american trapshooter

american trapshooter TS Member

Anyone ever take a online gunsmith course? Are they any good? Which one is best?

2. Dustimall

Dustimall TS Member

AT,

I don't know of any online Gunsmith schools, but I do know, one of the best is located in Susanville, Ca. at the Susanville College. You might give them a call. From my own perspective, I want hands on with an instructor, no second guessing that way. You might have other ideas but I like to ask a lot of questions if something is not right.

Shootnclays

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The gun smith school just outside Susanville, CA, is at the Lassen College, AKA Lassen Junior College, Highway 139 PO Box 3000, (530) 257-6181. Susanville CA 96130-3000. It's considered one of the best smithing in the country and is in a rural setting, small town, fishing, hunting, golf, and, at least used to be, a small trap club nearby. It's on the high desert plateau but just east of the forests of the Cascade Mountains, a la Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen. Nearby is Lake Almanor for fishing and boating and Eagle Lake where there are record sized trout unique to this lake only. The town can be a very pleasant place but is near a serious State prison attracting families on welfare to be in the neighborhood. Like any rural area, it has it's ruffians and drug concerns....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Penn Foster offers a Gunsmithing course. How good it is I dont know but you can get details on line. Good luck Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.