1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Online gun safe vendor experience? Good and bad..

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rivercityjeff, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rivercityjeff

rivercityjeff Member

Howdy,

I am looking at buying a new 25-30 gun safe as soon as I arrive at Ft. Bliss, Texas. Local vendors seem to be lacking and then there's the 8.25% Texas sales tax.

Anyone have experience buying an American made gun safe online or direct from the manufacturer? Any online or toll free safe vendors worth considering?

Thanks,

Jeff Freelove

2. fordtough

fordtough Member

is half hour fire rating enough..i have some liberty centurion 23 deluxes.that could be shipped..liberty only ships to dealers. i dont know about the other guys. i also have some fatboy 48s.

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

Jeff, it has been a few years now, but I bought one direct from Fort Knox and it was an excellent experience. The price we negotiated included inside delivery and the safe itself is a thing of beauty. I dealt directly with the owner of the company and he was friendly and helpful.

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Sam's Club sometimes features a safe made by Liberty with the Winchester logo in a nicely painted dark green. I stack barrel down and can double up with some guns; but it will easily accommodate your 25-30gun target. As I recall it was $700 & change, and I picked it up with my trailer.

Here's a link: http://reviews.samsclub.com/1337/186938/reviews.htm

Merry Christmas...mike

5. gaboy77

gaboy77 Member

A couple guys I work with just bought a safe from Steel water. They delivered with a transfer truck. The price and shipping was real reasonable but we are only 120 miles away from them. The safes are nice and well made.

This is their website. Good luck. http://www.steelwatergunsafes.com/

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Friend just got one from sportsmans online, deal went good and not a bad safe especially for the money.

7. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

www.patriotsafes.com Great safes and they will delivery to your door.

Oscar

8. rivercityjeff

rivercityjeff Member

UPDATE

Ended up with a Fatboy Jr. from Lowes for under $1000 with the military discount. $65.00 delivery for a 700 pound safe. The boys from Lowes put the safe in the garage exactly where we wanted it.

Great deal on an American made safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.