1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Online All American Points

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

On February 27, 2007 an article was posted on the ATA Website "2007 All-American Team Points to be announced shortly".

It is now June 13, 2007 and the target year will be ending in 2 1/2 months. What is the delay and why is the membership not kept informed of the progress?

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, funny that there is no ATA member with that number...

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

That is because that is his original number from when he was a kid. After he quit and came back, he received a new and different number as did I. I beleive that is why anyway. John

4. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

To all interested. I had inquired about the points and received an email from Kathy Key last week saying the points will not be online until July 1st.

Vince McNamara

5. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Mr. NOMDERF:

I do not know who you are and do not believe we have ever met. That being the case, what gives you the right to criticize my post content, regardless of the topic? Sarcasm, such as you have exhibited above is rude and unnecessary. An adult should excercise better control over his expressions, both in speech and in text.

The inquiry was made to determine the progress of the "new system"; so that the persons at the ATA office would not have to be bothered with such inquiries.

If you need to discuss this situation, please feel free to contact me directly. My email address is posted above.

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Dave -

You can't be serious? You asked a bunch of people, whose only connection to the ATA is that they are members of the organization, about the status of a computer update that is being undertaken by the ATA and companies that they contract with.

If you re-read your original post, it was phrased as though it was directed at someone from the ATA. If you had asked something along the lines of "has anyone here been able to view AA point on-line", then that would be appropriate for this forum. If you need info from the ATA, I've always found the best people to ask are the people in the ATA office.

Scott

7. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Scott:
    I asked a question and it was answered by Vince McNamara in a concise and business like manner. I thank him for that! What did my inquiry have to do with "how much time on my hands and chopping wood"? That is my objection. I do not tolerate sarcasm from my children, employees or co-workers and certainly won't tolerate it from a stranger.

Anyone that answered could have responded in the same manner as Vince.

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

8. BlackBelt

BlackBelt TS Member

Bravo Dave! DumNerf's response shows that he has limited knowledge when it come to being polite.

9. recurvyarcher

I understood the purpose of Mr. Shaeffer's post. I think the others did, too.

Unfortunately, what Normdorf doesn't know, is that he is pee-ing on somebody that is a real pleasure to have in the sport. Dave Sr. has been shooting trap for a long time, and is knowledgable and helpful to those of us who have only recently started. He is a true gentleman, and those of us that know him and shoot with him would like him to KEEP participating in this forum.

Please save your sarcasm for those on this site that deserve it.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Normderf I suggest you spend your time in the backyard stacking and then restacking that wood in your backyard, and less time with sarcasm on this site.

There a lot of people on this site that can direct a person to find out the information that they need, I believe that is the purpose of this site.

Dr.longshot

11. recurvyarcher

Jerry...you are DEFINITELY my shooting buddy, but "itty bitty"? LOLLOL!!!!!

(aren't you over 6 ft.?)

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

devi,
    I don't think he's talking about how TALL he is!! Lol

Johnson

13. recurvyarcher

BigM-Perazzi....LMAO!!!! I would have to consult with Mrs. Jerry to get confirmation on that one.

Dave Sr. is good at supervising children. Maye he should take a trip to North Carolina. Normdorf should not chop without an adult present.

14. CIM

CIM TS Member

Don't think that Dr.Longshot want take shots at you guys.he took several at me on here last fall.

CIM

15. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Hey folks - we pulled our posts from this thread and dropped Mr. Shaeffer an email.

Have a nice day!

38-01615

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.