1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One style targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

What do you think of a requirement that all ATA clubs in a state throw the same targets that are thrown at that state's state shoot?

Phil Berkowitz

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I actually wish more clubs would throw different targets so I could see what I like best. It seems like all the clubs around where I am throw an all orange target.

3. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

If all clubs had the same backgrounds that might be fine. I think each club should throw the best target for their location.

4. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I would perfer all orange at most clubs i shoot at,maybe its getting older and the old eyes get tired.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I think as long as the club is laying out the money it is there business what target they purchase. The ATA has rule on clay targets as long as the clubs conform to the requirements that should be enough input from the the ts.com warriors.

You are a paying customer if you don't like the targets being thrown you have options. No one can tell you that you have to shoot them. So why do some think they can tell the club what they can buy. JMO

Bob Lawless

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Just-A-Shooter- I agree with you. Different backgrounds require different targets. The target color should show the greatest contrast between the target and the background. Also, the rim of the target should be distinct. That is why black rim targets are used against the sky and solid colors are best against a solid colored background such as trees. If the background is part tree and part sky, the NT rim is a reasonable compromise. At some Western clubs shooting against a brown background, black targets work well. In the South, against trees, green is my personal target color choice.

Pat Ireland

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

635G, You're kidding, right???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.