1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One stop gunsmith recommendation wanted please.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,I want to have some work done on a Citori and would like a recommendation for a gunsmith that can do all the work.I want to have the trigger tuned,an adjustable comb installed,an adjustable butt plate installed and recoil pad fitted and have a mecury recoil reducer put in the buttstock.If you have experience with such a gunsmith or shop please post your thoughts about the job that was done for you.Thank you.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Art can do everything you ask and he is the Browning goto guy.

Eric

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

crvcustomarms.webs.com

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Doug Braker. The "Gun Doctor". His work is very personal and he has a huge following on TS.com. He does all that stuff, reasonabley and quickly. Your trigger will be as you choose when you ask him to tune it.

218-947-3600

5. doberman37

doberman37 Member

I would not recomend Doug Braker. I got some very poor work done by him

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Doberman7,

I guess I'm a little confused....

Subject: DB-81 ON ITS WAY TO THE GUN DOCTOR

Email:

Date: Thu, Dec 04, 2008 - 08:06 AM ET

Website Address:

Just got my m.x.8 back from being rebuilt and reblued. All I can say is wow what a good job Doug done. Bluing is great and the barrels are tight and the locks are like new. No dought it's good for another hundred thousand. I wouldent hesitate to recomend the gun doctor for any gun work

Doberman 37

---------------------------------

If you're having a problem, or had one, I'd sure like to know about it. I warranty everything I do for one year, this even includes the failure of a factory part. The warranty also includes the round trip shipping. Note-The warranty does not cover rework done by others during this one year period. I want to see for myself why something failed.

Doug Braker

7. shamlin

shamlin Member

I would highly recommend Ed Haley out of WA. He does incredible work and very reasonably priced. I live in FL and send all my stuff to him; coast to coast. His number 541-314-5369.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

NOw if I could just get Doug to "warranty" that I'll break more birds....

9. M-16

M-16 TS Member

doberman37 the doc called you out. If your going to bad mouth someones work atleast say what was wrong. Sounds like the doc backs his work.

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

If you wanted to work on a Ljutic (it does happen) you could send it to "Al, the shooter's pal" and have the factory personnel fix any problem. Works for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.