1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One Smart Dog!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

This is one smart dog!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p5Z_U9QD1KE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p5Z_U9QD1KE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ss

2. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

That is cool

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

And I thought my Dog was smart. Mine will watch fishing rods till it sees a fish jerk and will then start digging at the waters edge and after I set the hook and start to reel the fish in he will swim out and try to retrieve the fish. If someone is fishing and hasn't gotten anything in a while he will go to someone else's rods to watch. LOL Jackie B.

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

My old yellow dog was a fishing dog like you describe Jack. I had a lot of great times fishing with him except one time he took it a bit too far and went down the shore a ways and stole another guy's stringer of fish and brought it back to our spot. One of the fish on the stringer was half eaten .... . Well I walked the stringer back down the shore to find an older guy that didn't know he had been robbed. Fortunately he had a good sense of humor and all was forgiven.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

We lived within a few miles of Lake Shasta in far North CA. This lake is quite rocky and you generally don't want to beach your nice fiberglass ski boat. We would get close to shore, unload the camp gear, tie the bow off with extra rope, and I'd get pushed out to anchor the stern so the boat remained afloat while we set up camp. Whenever I'd do this, our Golden would watch closely to be sure we did it right. But when I hit the water to swim ashore, she'd go nuts, whine and cry, leap in, and swim directly to me. When close, she'd turn and present her tail and tow me in to shore. Any other time I swam or leaped in to ski she approved but after the initial anchoring it just seemed too dangerous for humans.

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

A neighbor had a Irish Setter. My friend would wade the water line and fish. The dog would also wade the water looking for fish. He would wade slowly and carefully. Stop and watch. Stay very still then drive his head in the water and come up with a fish. I just wish I had a camera in those years to take pic's of it.

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Out Ice fishing I pulled a hook out of a dogs mouth, The dogs owner lived on the lake and came out looking for the dog as I finnished.

The dog would spot a Tip up, then pull up the line to eat the minnow. The owner said he was good about eating around the hook but it was the second time he got hooked.

My Bedlington terrier loves to bobber fish, he barks upon the bobber going down . I throw him the panfish, he paws it back to the water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.