1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One "rino" not GETTING it....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Here is one who doesn't get it,,,,the treasury is BROKE,,,,subsidies have to STOP until the income is BIGGER than OUTGO...

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

One

Every last one of them will sell their soul and sell their mother into ill repute to get re-elected.

3. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

One

The entire "ethanol mandate"..including the subsidies has to be one of the most ignorant things I've seen the Federal government come up with in a long time. As a chemist...I have to tell you it makes NO SENSE. Takes more energy to produce than you get back. AS an amatueur economist...this is REAL voodoo economics. Diverting a primary FOOD STOCK (corn) is raising the prices on all kinds of food items. Forget Gold fellas....I wish I'd invested in CORN. The % increase has been better, and it's only going to keep improving.
    I have no problem with the farmers cashing in...but the Federal support and ethanol use mandate HAS TO BE STOPPED.

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

One

A writer noted that Romney will loose bad if he enters the Iowa race. He suggested Romney run in Iowa anyway, but that he campaign there AGAINST the corn/ethanol subsidies. Romney would loose Iowa even worse, but he would gain great credibility in the rest of the country.

Romney would make a great president, but its doubtful he can win nomination because of Romney-care in Massachusetts. Some will hold his Mormonism against him as well.

BTW - Gingrich is sucking-up to the corn/ethanol lobby in Iowa.

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

One

When Pawlenty endorsed Juan McCain early in the last election, I knew right there he would never get my vote. Matter of fact he's not even on my top ten list.

Pawlenty now talks like he's a Tea Party favorite...he's dreaming.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

One

Don Steele- you dont know the half of it

20 billion in direct payments- and then the price per gallon

The direct payments have often gone to company officers or boards of directors of ethanol companies that have not produced a drop

Nuts

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

One

Well cross Pawlenty off the list! He is too mamby pamby for this fight anyway.

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

One

Its all about being "Green"!!

Whither its right or wrong or good or not good for the environment, its about being "Green"!

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

One

I want Chris Christie and Allen West. They would have most conservatives support, some of the black vote and a lot of Independents. As far as experience? Look what we have now?? Can't be any worse.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

One

Donald is our only hope. HMB

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

One

It isn't just ethanol that is a rip off, the wind energy snow job would lose money without the gummit $6 per MBTU subsidy, go figure, natural gas is $4 per MBTU without a subsidy, and it generates power if the wind isn't blowing or the sun isn't shining

And solar is a bigger joke, the equipment will not last long enough for a ROI, if the sun shined 24 hrs a day

12. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

One

Christie and West get my vote and about 30 other family voters. Either one on top too, don't care they are what we need.

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

One

Thank you Don Steele. How in the heck do we get the government to realize that? Ryan, Christie, West in any combination seem to be the only intelligence out there not pandering to some group. God help us, we're toast with what's in there now. Bob

14. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

One

You don't know anything about West. You're going ga-ga over West like the Dems did Obama for the same reasons, and neither group knowing a thing about their ga-ga guy.

15. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

One

Pawlenty is being touted as the winner in last night's Republican debate in South Carolina. No one asked him about the ethanol subsidies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.