1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One reason we have negative vibes concerning lawye

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

    Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

    Aug 27, 2007
    West Central Florida
    Disbarred Peters lawyer charged with theft, forgery
    Thursday, April 28, 2011
    By Ed Blazina, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

    James MarchewkaThe state attorney general's office today charged a disbarred Washington County attorney with stealing from two clients and forging the names of court officials to convince another couple he was working on their case.

    James Marchewka, 43, of Peters, was charged in three separate complaints, arraigned before District Judge David Mark of Canonsburg, and released on $50,000 cash bond. He is charged with three counts of forgery, two counts of theft by unlawful taking, two counts of theft by failure to make required disposition of funds, two counts of tampering with public records and one count of theft by deception.

    In one complaint, Mr. Marchewka was charged for an incident between February 2008 and March 2009 in which he allegedly wrote nine unauthorized checks from an estate he was supposed to be administering. The checks totaled nearly $200,000, almost all of the money in the estate account.

    In the second incident, Mr. Marchewka allegedly settled a $97,500 car insurance claim for a client and never gave her the money.

    The third complaint alleges Mr. Marchewka forged the names of a district attorney, two judges, two other attorneys and a variety of other public officials between 2005 and 2010. He took those steps to convince a couple that he was pushing forward their court case and would be getting them a financial settlement, the complaint said.

    The couple discontinued paying Mr. Marchewka when they discovered he had been disbarred in April 2010.

    A waste of an education on a POS like this.

    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11118/1142659-100.stm#ixzz1RNeqQfkd
  2. Brian in Oregon

    Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

    Jan 29, 1998
    Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    98% of lawyers give the other 2% a bad name.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.