1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One PROUD daddy of a Marine Corps recruit

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Click on 1001....Dang they worked hard and it has paid off. He will graduate next week.

A special thank you to all who have wished me and my Marine recruit the best. It has been a hard time with just letters as our only contact with him over the past 12 weeks, but he will be a new young man, a Marine,,,,starting the next phase of his life.

No words can ever express my feelings at this moment,,,,from my pride in him and his fellow Marines,,,,to my concern for all of our young men and women in harm's way,,,,to the gratitude that I have for all that have served and are serving in our Armed Forces. God bless them all and keep them safe. God bless this great land!!

Semper Fi to all you devil dogs out there!!!!

2. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

He'll soon be a member of a very select club. And it's something that he will be a part of for the rest of his life. There are no ex- marines. Congratulations to him and to you - you obviously did something right.

3. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Yep, mighty proud of your Marine. I hope that you are going to make it to his graduation, it's one of those life-changing events that will stick with you and yours for the rest of your life.

Semper Fi,
    Kip

4. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

"Thank you" to your son and his buddies, and to you also for raising a fine young American man.Go- watch him graduate- you will probably never know a more proud moment. I've been lucky, I got to pin my son's Army 2Lt bars and later his Majors leafs on and next summer, when he comes back from his 4th tour, his Lt Col.s leafs.

Larry

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You have every right to be Proud and stay Proud. Ignore his language as he may have picked up few new words or started using some old ones.

Give him a pat on the back for me and all the other old jarheads on this site.

Don

6. neofight

neofight TS Member

I know you're proud, as well you should be. As stated above, he'll always be a Marine, no matter what. My grandson just finished CG boot and we could not be any more proud.

Ya dun good!

7. neofight

neofight TS Member

I know you're proud, as well you should be. As stated above, he'll always be a Marine, no matter what. My grandson just finished CG boot and we could not be any more proud.

Ya dun good!

8. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Big Dog

May God protect him and watch over him.

Semper Fi Brothers !!

Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA

USN 1960 - 1968

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I graduated Paris Island 48 years ago and it is no piece of cake. You have every reason to be proud of your son. Make sure he buys a Grad book ( kind of like a high school yearbook) he will enjoy it the rest of his life. Dont miss going to the graduation, it is a sight to behold. I still remember my bootcamp rifle serial # and my Marine ser # to this day. It changed my life forever and will his also. He will never be in as good of physical shape as he will be the day he graduates. I thank your son for volunteering to protect us. He joined an elite group. My prayers for his safety are forthcoming..

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Stick your chest out and strut like a peacock. You have every right to be proud of your fine son.

Give yourself and his Mother a couple of pats on the back and a couple of "Way to go" high fives.

Congrats to the young man for choosing to defend our country.

Tell him "Thanks" from Hauxfan!

Hauxfan!

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations! My family looks forward to having him serve alongside. Keep us posted where he is stationed and the boys will be able to meet. I have 2 of the marines in my family shooting trap now!

12. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

There's two saying's in the Corp; "We didn't promise you a rose garden"
    and if the recruit has the right attitude; "The change lasts forever!"
    It did for me and I've been off active duty since 1960. My son enlisted
    in 1982. Prior to his enlistment, he was a pot smoking party boy. He came
    home from San Diego a lean and mean US Marine. In four years, he had four
    meritorous promotions and was Marine of the month. He went on to a very
    successful management career with UPS.

Semper Fi!

13. holdumpleas66

holdumpleas66 TS Member

Cuban Cigar i was in plt.114 48 years ago,sorry i did not respond before,this will be a changed young man and someone to be proud of. 1961326 service #

14. Franktri

Franktri Member

You've every reason in the world to be proud. Don't know of any Marines who aren't!! Parris Island 1961, 1st Batallion.... OOOOH RAH!!

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

holdem, we were close. Platoon 104 serv # 1878488

16. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Congratulations! When my brother graduated in 04 we met the "We didn't promise you a rose garden" DI. He was working at the gift shop.

17. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Semper Fi

I can still remember the day I earned my EGA!

Ronbo

18. archangel

archangel Member

We are all very proud of your son and for all those who keep us safe. My boy recently graduated from Marine OCS and if you are anything like me you are one proud papa: I was grinning from ear to ear. God Bless Him and Your Family
    -Mike

19. Cush

Cush TS Member

Congratulations, Marine Dad!
    No matter how far away San Diego is from you, or what else you need to be doing, do not miss his graduation weekend at MCRD.

20. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

NO Bigdogtx, thank you and your family for the sacrafice that you've made. You have every right to be proud as dose your son and the rest of the family. God Bless and have a great Thanksgiving!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.