1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One of GW22's major entitlement programs to be cut

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I heard that the food aid program is going to be cut - as to who gets paid for it- more immediate aid but less coming from American farm lobbies.

Seems as if the soybeans, etc, had to be purchased, processed and transported by companies in the US to overseas- and price paid was well above market

Problem was- in addition to the billions of dollars of price adjustments that because of the cycle of production that by the time the "food aid" reached the people in need- they had starved to death months earlier.

Apparently the Bush administration tried to get hold of this from the Agricultural loby groups and one of its members was nearly physically assaulted by a lobyist for a farming organization

The Obama administration is apparently going to get some more of this done= streamline the program- purchase some small percentage of goods near the disaster area for less expense and much quicker response.

What does everyone think about that? Not certain myself. I think the Bush Adminstration got it to about 15 percent of the total could be non US farm stocks and non US contract transportation.

Not certain how I feel about that but I do think if you are going to give aid to the starving that you cant get it there 9 months after they have died

But I am not sure who gets to decide where such aid goes and should all the hungry in America be taken care of first? I would argue for that.

I personally think that food aid needs to be tied to favorable governments towards the US but I understand that starving people dont have ties to their governments

I do know that GW22s trips to the mailbox for those farm subsidy checks will become less frequent and that may help his various orthopedic conditions he claims he has.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS On another note--- I think I saw in another thread where GW22 indicated he had the body of a god 30 years ago and was going to do triatholons and stuff then but didnt-- does anyone have any pictures of GW22 and his godlike body?

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Grover had his own problems as I think I have read.

Did he start this program?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- Clinton? He will go down as one of the worst presidents in American History

PPS- no I meant our own multimillionaire farmer hero GW22

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.