1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One more PW question....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JCS, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCS

JCS TS Member

After loading ~ 200k + rounds on my Platinum 2000 , the only thing that I needed to replace occasionally so far were the wad guides ,some springs and the little bushings on the center post indexing screw.

Springs I can get at any hardware store (and for a lot less than from PW )

Besides , since there are a lot of machines out there ,I have no doubt that someone will make replacement parts as soon as PW stops making them

The machines are built like tanks. Keep it clean and well greased and it should outlast the average shooter .

2. Jim Cunningham

Jim Cunningham TS Member

There are only a few parts that are affected by P/W's decision to close out the Early 800 parts. The primer feed for the 12 ga 800B is one of them since the upper housing is different from all the other units. There are still over 100 of the new style externally adjustable 12 Ga. feeds for the 800B at the factory, once they are gone, thats it. The new primer feeds will work on the older 800B's but the raised portion on it's surface leave a U shaped mark on the base of the shell. Not a big deal but it does bother some of the shooters.

The other part is the shot and powder shot off's. The 800B use the ones marked for them with an X next to the S or P. It is about .010 smaller in diameter than the ones used in the later machines. Most of the times the newer ones can be substituted, a few not, but they can be cut down to fit.

I couldn't think of anything serious that wouldn't be available because of the 800+, so I called the factory and talked to Jean and between us the above is about all that really matters.

Jim Cunningham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.