1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ONE MEASUREMEMNT OF A GREAT SHOOTER!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    right now i am ill, was not able to shoot this week. anyone who knows me will tell you i am possibly one of the worst trapshooters in the ATA. because i did not shoot this week, next time i shoot, my scores will possibly be lower than average, and i will not feel comfortable shooting at first. I KNOW ONE SHOOTER, HE CAN TAKE OFF 1,to 5, YEARS, HE COMES BACK TO THE CLUB TO SHOOT, AND HE ran 4 25X'S. are you kidding me????? to me, if you can take off more than a few months and run them on your first try, you have the potential to be a great shooter. if you have done something like this, how long where you off and then ran the targets first time back. i don't feel there will be many shooters than can honestly say they could do this.
    steve Balistreri

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

120 inches around the waist?

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Bored or just lonely Steve with all these posts?! Tom Rhoads

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Give this a try. When you can't make it to the range to practice, try practicing shooting mentally at home. Close your eyes and imagine shooting a round of trap. Use your imagination, picture each bird, each shot, and see the bird break. Pay attention and do everything right. Believe it or not your brain can't tell the difference between mental practice and actually shooting a round of trap. HMB

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

tcr1146-BOREDOM!!
    steve

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

HMB- I have tried the mental practice thing, but I flinch. This is not one of my off the wall comments, I really do flinch. Also, if I use one the the wall charts, I flinch. Release triggers are wonderful.

Pat Ireland

7. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

release triggers are a crutch, but if they work for you go with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.