1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One Left~~~~~Zoli LX980 34" SBT~~~~~~~One Left

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Smok'n Joe, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Offered for sale is one Right hand ZOLI VERONA LX980 Top Single Barrel Trap gun. It will ship in it's original factory box with all the tools, choke tubes, manuals and registration cards intact.

These guns are the American version of the ZOLI KRONOS models that swept the competition in Europe and the current USA model Z-Sport.

The Zoli family has been in the gun making business for over 200 years. Antonio Zoli has long been highly regarded as a manufacturer of extremely strong high volume actions and precision barrels built to match grade rifle specs. Zoli uses solid steel forgings and bar stock in the machining of their guns. Componenets are precision machined using state of the art EDMs, but all barrels and actions are hand fitted. Ribs are high tech braised to insure straightness, durability and point of aim. You can learn about the LX980/Kronos and the method of manufacture of the barrels and action by accessing www.clay-shooting.com/archive/2006january/BehindScenesatZoli/pdf.

The LX980 features a drop out trigger assembly which detaches from the receiver with the loosening of one screw for ease of cleaning, maintenance or adjustment. LX980s have beautiful, highly figured Turkish Walnut forearms and butt stocks. Included are five flush factory choke tubes. Palm swells and stock cast are standard.

The following major events were won by the Zoli Kronos in the hands of Zoli customers using the same model gun that is sold off the shelf.

The Grand Europe Perazzi championship

The Beretta French Trap championship

The English Open The Home International UK championship

The Inter-counties UK championship

The Golden Fiocchi Cartridge championship

The Italian winter Sporting FITASC championship

The Italian Sporting FITASC Grand Prix

These Verona LX980 models compare favorably with the Perazzi and Beretta. Compare features, reliability, warranty, look and feel and you'll know why they are so popular in Europe.

$1995 plus shipping to your FFL

View attachment 243849

The pictured Verona Logo aluminum case is available for $99.00 with the purchase of the Verona LX980

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

So what is the close out price and can ou barrels be fitted?

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Could not get the link in your first post to work. If it works for you, could you save off the PDF and send me a copy of it.

Thanks,

Joe

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That link worked fine, the first one you posted is the one I couldn't get to work.

www.clay-shooting.com/archive/2006january/BehindScenesatZoli/pdf

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Nick,

The trigger group rivals anything you've seen...Yes they are removeable and they look like a fine Swiss watch. 5 factory choke tubes come with the gun along with all the tools and choke wrench. The warranty cards and manuals are all in the box.

This LX980 is a RIGHT HAND model...it has 3/8" cast off, right hand palm swell and the 4 way adjustable comb adjustment screws are on the right side of the comb.

It is similar to a Beretta in design and comparable to an MX8.

Best value on the market today.

6. 87AA

87AA TS Member

0   0   0

Your for got to mention 2010 NSCA National Championship (Brad Kidd)

Also Sporting Clays All-American Ashleigh Hafley shoots a Zoli

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

pm sent.

Stock will be cut to your desired LOP with the purchase and installation of the Kick-eze pad of your choice. Professionally installed recoil reducers and adjustable butt plates are also available at reasonable rates

Is this done by you before shipping?

Doug H.

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

View attachment 243848
    Verona Logo aluminum case is available for an additional $99.00 with purchase of the LX980.

9. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What is the barrel length?Jerry

10. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

0   0   0

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have always felt that these guns were highly under rated. They're engineered very very well.

JMHO.

12. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

TRON,

Thanks for the endorsement...these LX980s are the REAL ZOLIs...same as the Z-Gun now imported by Zoli USA. They are not the "budget buy" guns that Verona imported earlier. Zolis are fast becoming the #1 shotgun in Europe where they are sold as the Zoli Kronos. They are very well made and continue to sweep the competition.

O/U barrels are available direct from Zoli USA in New York.

This gun has not been fired and will ship in the factory box as pictured, or packed in the Logo Case if so desired.

13. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ashley Hafley, World Sporting Clay Champion: How do you like your Zoli?

"I’ve been shooting a Zoli for about three
    years now, it’s working out great. The gun has a
    really good feel to it and it’s built like a tank. The
    model I shoot now has been put through the
    ringer! It’s been overseas three times and it’s
    just been beat to death. It’s held up really well
    and feels just perfect between the hands. It’s
    certainly stood up to a bunch of wear and tear so
    I can’t complain at all – it’s very very reliable."

14. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

0   0   0

Smok'n Joe, does Zoli USA have the single barrels for my Verona LX980 Sporting O/U & will it have to be fitted to my gun?
    Also. I'm interested in the hard case if you want to sell.

Thanks,
    i_shoot

p.s. I've had my Zoli for about 4 years & absolutely love it. The Zoli/Verona's are everything Joe says they are.

15. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

i-shoot,

Your O/U looks exactly like mine!!! Very few Verona LX980 were produced
    before Zoli USA took over and began shipping them to the USA as Zoli Z-Guns. Congratulations on a great catch!

In answer to your question, yes, the top single barrels are available direct from Zoli USA as are the O/U barrels...contact Steve @ 585-394-1271 or visit the Zoli website listed above for pricing . As for fitting, I've had the SBT barrel on my O/U and the O/U barrel on my SBT without any problem. The barrels are made to very exact tolerances and are virtually interchangeable.

16. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

0   0   0

Smok'n Joe, I'm interested in Verona hard case if you want to sell seperately.

i_shoot

17. SBray

SBray Active Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
verona lx980 by antonio zoli
verona lx980 for sale
zoli 980 sbt
zoli lx980

zoli verona lx980