1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One gun choke- advice?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aussie Dan, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

If you we're to use one Perazzi gun for doubles, singles and caps, would you get the 32 inch barrels with a screw in choke in the bottom? Or pick a fixed choke like a Perazzi 7 and just get used to it?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Screw in chokes for the bottom barrel will let you use an open choke for the first shot in doubles. This is a big help if you like to take that first bird as fast as possible. It is also a good idea to have the ability to choose the choke that works best for singles and handicap. HMB

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Oh heck. Fixed 32". .032 top (#8), .016 bottom (#4). Two triggers....

Bottom first for doubles. Top only for single&caps...

4. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Out here many events are 2 shots at a single bird. I understand the idea of a top barrel 8 for the single and caps ATA style, but not sure if it would work here.

It's hard to see the bottom fixed barrel for doubles working well from the 27 yrd line, I thought the 7 choke might be the only compromise.

The fixed barrels always seem to pattern better than the choked barrels.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Ahh, 2 shots, now that does change things... I'd go #8/#8

6. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I was never a fan of screw in chokes until I got my Ljutic Pro 3 LTX. Ljutic had the barrel fitted with Briley's when gun was manufactured. .020" for singles and .035" for 27HC just destroys targets. I also have Briley's extended chokes in my Citori XT and a BT-99. They work well enough that I would not consider going back to fixed chokes. I have a NIB 1980 BT-99 coming soon that I will probably send to Briley but only because it has a fixed MOD choke which would be great for singles but a little thin for HC. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.