1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One good thing about Bush's term- was it worth it?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

George W. Bush may go down in American history as the most reviled president ever. In my mind, though, the only highlight was the 'Heller v. DC' SCOTUS decision, which certainly would not have happened if John Kerry had been elected in 2004. It's my contention that the long-term Constitutional benefits (say 100+ years hence) of 'Heller' to a 'free' America will far outweigh all the other BS Bush has put us through. So for that I'm grateful. It will be up to future generations to preserve our government "of the People, by the People, and for the People." Any discussion?

LA

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

dont blame me i didnt vote for george II but i bet you did

bill

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Leadvail

War is good for the economy. That is nothing new. How do you think we got out of the great depression. Imagine were we would be if we werent spending billions employing millions to make the stuff our boys use in Iraq. I dont think that Bush did a whole lot of good but of all things war did not put us here.

Nick

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

No it wasn't, not in my honest opinion. There were lies told to the American people all thru his running for office his appointment to the Presidency and his whole history of being the President. I have bitched about this do nothing guy for a long time and his time is up he's a done deal and trying to save the country from financial ruin. What a bunch of BS. It's his doing and his partys doing that got us where we are right now. Take the responsibility for it and lets go on and try to fix it. Thank you greedy bastards for the fix this nation is in. Dan

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

lets see i can shoot one more round of trap though,ill figure out how to pay for it later

Bill

6. raymerlo

raymerlo Member

And Voting for barrack"hussein"obama will be worse with all his give aways,
    Mcain is the lesser of the two evils

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dehab, your comment "It's his doing and his partys doing that got us where we are right now. Take the responsibility for it and lets go on and try to fix it. Thank you greedy bastards for the fix this nation is in." is TOTAL BS. You only have to look to Carter for coming up with the idea, Clinton for pushing it, Waters, Pelosi, Frank, Dodd, Reid and yes even hussein for covering it up...

I agree, they should take responsibility for their actions.

8. ink ball

ink ball Member

Wow...its hard to believe how little some people understand the real cause of this fianaical debacle. It isn't the Republicans, its the Democrats who insisted on lowering the credit and equity requirements for home loans backed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...courtesy of Bill Clinton's administration. These loans were then purchased by banking institution and when the real estate values dropped, the debt owned was more than the property was worth, and the owners walked away. Since they had little or none of their own money invested in the propery, it was pretty painless for them, leaving the banks holding the bag. Bush tried to tighten the credit requirements in 2003, but the Dems blocked them at every turn making sure that no tightening of requirements would be made and insisted that there were no problems.

Here's a couple of nice little article that shows how the seeds of the implosion were sewn, and how the Dems blocked Bush's attempt to remedy the problem back in 2003

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9c0de7db153ef933a0575ac0a96f958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E3D6123BF932A2575AC0A9659C8B63

Think the economy is bad now??? Wait 'til we've had 4 years of Barf Obama

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ink Ball has it right.

And we are making a lot of money from our military efforts. A lot of the technology that is being developed will benefit all of us on the commercial side as well (it has always been that way). We are not just making weapons, we are making huge strides in communications, controls, and medicine...all due to military funding.

My work is 95% military, so I get to "see into our future" as far as technology goes, and it's exciting for individual the world over.

10. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

"Porcupine" - the most reviled president EVER is the IMPEACHED Bill Clinton.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dont get it, Bush passed everything that went across his desk. Both parties Bills. I think if he only veto 1 bill????

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am much more concerned with how to fix the problems we have rather than placing blame on someone for the problems. Blame can be laid on people by historians some years from now.

Two months ago so many were worrying about how to fix the oil problem. The market seems to be fixing it now. Gasoline is down to %2.89 per gallon where I live and is $2.81 25 miles away from my home. The oil speculators who made a lot of money three months ago have now lost a lot of money.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.