1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One Eyed to Two Eyed - Cross Dominant

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paul7177, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Has anyone here, who is cross dominant, been successful in switching to two eyed shooting?

If so, which method worked for you? Thanks.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Email the above stockmaker. He makes a "crossover" stock.

And, my son-in-law learned to shoot "rifle-like" with one-eye, and he is now shooting 2-eyed.

3. sagedog

sagedog TS Member

I am left eye dominate and took up trap shooting about a year and a half ago. I was having a problem and then I tried the easy hit product and my problem was solved. I started out a two eye shooter and I am still a two eyed shooter. I can still have an occasional problem if I am over tired but usually if I miss it is because I am off the stock. Give the long green one a try thats what I started with and I am still using. Just go to the easyhit web site and you will get all the info you need.

Tom

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I was somewhat successful with the aid of tape and a bead blinder. Ulitimately decided that shooting with two eyes is overrated. Learn the proper hold points for a one eyed shooter and break em all.

Robert

6. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

i shot for ten years right handed as a left eye dominant with tape, dot, patch, etc. about a year ago i put the gun on my left shoulder. took about three months to have equivalent scores. i did it without any help(the hard way) and i would advise someone to have a trained coach help you...

ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.