1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One eyed hold points..1&5?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by droptine, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droptine

droptine TS Member

Just a poll to see where you one eyed-shooters hold on post 1 and 5 from the 16.

EW

2. raceman90

raceman90 TS Member

I hold right on the corners of the house. I have tried holding above the house but it seems with the one eye style at times the barrel will block the target for a split second, making me jerk to catch up or never get caught up to the target.
    When i shot both eyes open i could get away with a higher gun because you pick up the bird no matter what.

Just my 2 cents worth

Raceman90

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

A foot out and up.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I'm a right handed shooter. Post One about six inches to the left and below the left front corner of the trap house. Post five near the back right corner of the trap house. Bill Malcolm

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like my gun to come up about 6-8 inches in from the corners and level with the top of the house on 1 and 5. I look at this area as I mount my gun. If the gun comes up someplace a little different, I call for the bird and shoot. I will then shift my feet just a bit so the gun comes up where I want it to the next shot.

I never move my gun from its natural mounting position to a predetermined spot after I have mounted it.

Pat Ireland

6. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

Nora Ross teaches hold points on one and five are on the corner and down enough to see the house over the front bead.

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

For Post 1 I hold at the center of the house at the top edge. This way EVERYTHINg is a straight-away or a left angle - there are no rights. On Post 5 I hold along the right edge of the roof half way between the front and rear. That way I nevr miss seeing the hard right target. Also, every target is a straight-away or a right angle - no lefts.

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

center of the roof on all posts

John C. Saubak

9. jimsw

jimsw Member

If you are a one-eyed shooter you have to hold a low gun for reasons already stated. Listen to Nora, probably the best one eyed shooter in the game. I took her clinic a number of years ago and started to shoot pretty well. AA 16 yds, 26 yd line. Then I switched to 2 eyes and made it quickly to the 23 yd line and became a weak A shooter. Reason? a really bad cross dominance problem. Phil Kiner picked it up immediately and now I'm back to one eye. No tape, one eye closed. Things are looking up.

10. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

One eyed lefty -

Shooting 16 and caps

I shoot post 1 one foot above house two feet to the left of the edge of the house.

Post 5 one foot above the house two feet to the right of the edge of the house.

I have found that this allows me to move to the target rather than jump at the target with minimal gun movement no matter what angle of target.

11. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I close Both of My eyes on 1 and 5 and say a Hail Mary...

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You can hold a higher gun on 1,2, 4 & 5, maybe a foot above the house, but you have to hold outside the target emergence zone so that you can pickup the target without it coming up under you gun. On 3, even holding off center, you need to be under the emerging target so you need to use a lower hold.

13. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I hold about a foot off the house and low enough to see the target emerge, reguardless of the house design

GS

14. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I am left handed,one eye shooter, 6" below house on 1 & 5 1" left of house on 1 and 2" right on 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.