1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

One Eye Shooter - High Rib or Low Rib?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to all. I am a left eye dominant right hand shooter. I shoot a K80 TS unsingle. The rib is almost all the way down and shooting about 90/10. I have been told by several shooters that shooting either a low rib unsingle or a top single such as a KX-5 would be more suited to my style. If you look at the "Big Dog" left eye dominan right hand shooters, it seems that they all shoot a top single. Does anyone have an opinion on this? By the way I like a high shooting gun.

blade819

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I asked this very same question when attending a Britt Robinson class. He stated it makes absolutely no difference. look at the target, not the rib. Unsingles have less felt recoil, I have shot numerous top singles and unsingles in 24 yrs. and about 25 trap guns. I personally see no difference whatsover in either. As long as it shoots where I'm looking, either is fine. Stock fit #1. Hope this helps, Roy

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I agree with Roy. It won't make any diffance. Just look at the target and it will go up in smoke.

4. ink ball

ink ball Member

I know it shouldn't make any difference, but I seem to shoot the top singles better.

5. blade819

Jerry... two Big Dogs (my definition) are Nora Ross and the Barthlmow (spelling) youngster who tied for sigles at Sparta with leo. They both shoot low rib top single guns. I was just curious. Always looking for that lttle extra edge. Also, 90/10 is not too high for a one eyed shooter in my opinion. This was also addressed several times on past threads. Some say one eyed shooters should shoot flatter. Some say "High patterns break birds". It's a matter of feeling comfortable with that particular gun. Maybe with a little more practice with my Terry Jordan chart I'll be able to shoot flatter one day. Thanks for the opinions.

6. Kent

Kent TS Member

I am left eye dominat and right handed. I close the left eye when shooting my 70/30 top single. I am not a big dog but have been proud of my minor achievements.. I have been AA27AA since 2001

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

The best rib height is a function of body shape, not eye dominance. In general, long necked shooters are helped by a higher rib. Very few of the top shooters have long necks.

Pat Ireland

8. neb

neb TS Member

because they eat r lunch all the time.

9. blade819

Pat............since you're kinda tall with a long neck, does that explain why you're so good? Jerry... I'll see both you an Pat at the Southern Grand? If you see Roy P. tell him to stay away from that red vino!

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

one-eyed trapshooters rib height